I always wonder..

swillfly

I always wonder when I get a little blip that says post "pending approval"... Who (or if auto-censor) then What deems my postings acceptable or not.  Sometimes there are actual moderators empowered or even blessed admins that can shut down/ban/do all sorts of classy things without even notifying (say by private message) to the perp before they're marched away.  Just curious.  Cheers!

3 minutes ago, swillfly said:

I always wonder when I get a little blip that says post "pending approval"... Who (or if auto-censor) then What deems my postings acceptable or not.  Sometimes there are actual moderators empowered or even blessed admins that can shut down/ban/do all sorts of classy things without even notifying (say by private message) to the perp before they're marched away.  Just curious.  Cheers!

it will
go away as you post more

As Donke said, it will go away soon. A person needs a few approved posts just to make sure it's not a bot trying to mass-advertise.

Rest assured, the moderators and administrators are very lax and generally let everything pass that isn't a personal assault or such, and even then they hand out warning points first, letting you know what and why.

If the post follows the rules, it gets approved. If it doesn't, it gets hidden.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/guidelines/

Generally the only posts that get hidden through this are spammers, as that's the intention of the moderation, but sometimes new people unfamiliar with our guidelines post rude, off-topic or otherwise non-constructive things and the post doesn't get approved. 

All new users have their first few posts sent straight to the approval list. This helps us identify spammers. 
 As for breaking the rules, you get a notification sent to you when you get a warning point. We can hide posts, we mostly do that to stop things drawing in more people and resulting in bigger mess than just tucking them into hiding whilst we sort out what went on and if people need warning points or not. 

Archived