Hopefully implemented by KLEI or Modders

Just got DS basegame from the Steam Halloween sale.  I'm enjoying playing DS but not so much the constant dying cycle.  There are some things I would really like to see implemented however so it's actually more enjoyable:

• Difficulty Main Menu Options - possibly Expert, Normal, and Training Wheels (like the essential Compromising Survival mod which I need just to learn the game before it's Game Over ad nauseum)
  • Inventory Management Please - Whenever your soon-to-be-dead buddy picks things up, switches tools, etc. the inventory slots get all jumbled.  This game requires vigilance every second; wasting precious time just looking for items/tools/etc. is awkward, and death (again).. mebbe have options to designate what kind of item each slot can hold would help organization
  • More Graphics Options on Main Menu - Anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and even brightness/gamma/RGB sliders would really help -esp. as my vidcard/driver is fine but dusk still looks ruddy-brownish (intentional?) and looks nowhere near screenshots/others' games (yes, I read the posts about updating vid drivers & about the red tint issues)  - I just want to be able to see the game with my faulty oldfolks eyes

I don't like to use mods when initially playing through games.  Kinda ruins the out-of-the-box experience intended by devs.  I've found that (at least for me) some mods are essential:

1. Compromising Survival - Beginners may want at least the option or choice of continuing (or dying)
  2. Minimap HUD - How could this have been left out of single player?  Mebbe not for multi as it may be cheaty ala Woong/Azubu Frost style
  3. Geometric Placement - Planting/placing items needs a protractor/ruler; this helps as nothing in the game locks to a grid.
  4. & 5.  Where's My Beefalo? and Wormhole Marks - Helpful icons to let you know what things are and where so your not wasting time/dying.

I do hope somebody in Klei reads/considers these as I am very fond of Don't Starve and am considering buying more of their titles.  If not then possibly some DS gurus/modders who can help. 

Thx for your patience reading my blather and happy gaming to all!

Archived