There was a popular and similar thread but I think that was old so it wouldn't be seen. Sorry for  repeating myself

MY GOAL: HAVE WILLOW PLAYABLE (MEANING FUN AND ENJOYABLE) IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE
Not to make her top tier like WICKERBOTTOM, WOLFGANG, & WX-78 (The Holy Trinity LOL)

FOUR MAIN POINTS TO CHANGE

1 :: Revert Willow to immune to Fire due to being so situational OR give her resistance/
immunity to overheating paired with the current fire resistance.

2 :: Have her lighter be refillable instead of being able to cook and take more valuable
resources to craft. my example:[1x rope, 1x gold, 1x flint, 1x rock, & 1x petal.][[fuel
could be petals, rope, grass, mushrooms, berries, ,birch nuts, or small fruits.]]

3 :: Give Bernie the additional function to walk over and instantly put out fire in
exchange for ~10hp. Will be a check and to determine trolling Willows. Increased crafting
cost for having two functions. my example:[2-4x nightmare fuel, 2-4x silk, & 2-4x beefalo
wool] = 1000-2000 hp Bernie

4 :: Replace Willow's downside of freezing with Random combustion like original and maybe
pair being more susceptible/prone to freezing.

Willow's adaptation from DS to DST was misfortunate but thanks to updates and great
active developers it can change currently(Fall 2017) most people find her perks not worth
it and her horrible downside which personally isn't "fun" to play around unlike her original
nerve-wracking random fires you had to fight back like her deep desires to burn everything
which had good immersion. Her Immunity to fire reduce to resistance is understandable but
at least give her immunity to overheating but nothing really beats fire resistance. Now
let's get to her special items starting with the lighter which should have finite
durability and smaller light radius for balancing issues. I don't know why a pyro"MANIAC"
would have a rational process to say "huh I could cook with my lighter" and not "more fuel
for the fire!". I propose her lighter to be maintain it's current light radius and run
time of 10 min(600 sec) but as a trade off would like to have it be crafted from
[1x rope, 1x gold, 1x rock, 1x flint, & lx petal] and be refillable instead of cooking
food. Especially since it steps on Warly's turf and he has a better mobile cooking ability
further showcasing Willow doesn't do anything better than any other character's perk but
suffers an unproportionate downside. Hitting the same note again her companion Bernie is
subpar when compared to Lucy(infinite Axe), Maxwell's shadow puppets, or Wendy's sister
Abigail. Bernie could be a bit more immersive by functioning as a regular teddy bear by
dettering the monsters and being a poor man's ice fling-o-matic to be a check for Willow's
pyromania. While active in addition to Distracting Nightmare creatures he could run up and
put out fires instantly at the cost of 10hp. This would also determine if a random Willow
online is intentionally trolling because they would put out a Bernie if they are low on
sanity. Plus they would learn of this new function quickly as they have him out by the
campfire at night. As compensation for this additional perk an upgraded cost of
[2x nightmare fuel, 2x silk, & 2x beefalo wool]. I propose nightmare fuel because getting
hair is either killing hairlings/hairlords while nightmare fuels ties with Bernie's first
function of distracting nightmares so you can escape/kill them. Maybe even increase the
crafting cost of Bernie to 4x of each silk,wool,fuel to double his health since the
intention is to have him be more viable and furthermore used more. Hopefully if any of
these changes are implemented she will be on par with Wilson and Wendy maybe even Maxwell
or Webber.

DST Tier List.png

Oh boy, the infamous tier list. You do know that the guy who made that literally only plays 2 characters? It's quite obvious with how Webber is somehow ranked higher than Willow.

Anyway, Willow right now is pretty much just Wilson (or Winona) but with a teddy bear. Anybody that claims Willow to be unplayable and/or worse than Wes has clearly no experience with the character or is just not skilled enough to adjust to the character. After her most recent buff, she now has effectively no downsides.

Though, I am perfectly fine with a Willow buff, it would be great. Personally, I'd like her to keep her current stats since she isn't too bad right now, but she should get her full fire immunity back and also the ability to burn items inside the inventory. I think that's enough to make her a decent character with unique mechanics that have depth.

Archived