The Forge Class System and Tips/Strategies

Christo1

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I've managed to proc her ability using just the petrifying tome multiple times.

no you can. I just mean, at any given point in the game, if you want to LIVE and get the proc then you have to be ranged otherwise a boarilla has something to say about your face, and it's not a positive comment

Those painful matches where there's been Wicker+Max and they want the only Wilson in the party to heal instead of Wickerbottom. Auuughhh. Plus   the Maxwell is the one who ends up using the summon tome AAGAGGHHGHHHH

Wicker can do some pretty heavy damage now with fire staff+summon, and Wicker Healer only became even cooler than before. Webber's damage is also pretty sweet, as he now -easily- surpasses Willow as strongest dart user (although willow's still the non-tome-locked fire staff option and has bernie). Wolfgang seems to Mightier more as well, which isn't half bad. Almost the entire cast has become great options.

Max should probably just stick to the fire staff since he wants to proc stun a lot. You could summon right before boarrior is waking up, buut that's the only time you should cast meteor on him already so the damage increase for summoning instead isn't that significant. Too bad summoning tome doesn't drop earlier than fire staff.

Still don't like Wes runner. They always seem to lose the aggro sooner or later and then we just have to deal with a second boarilla running around that Wes just can't re-aggro, which usually means the boarrior gets summoned way too early because people are attacking boarillas instead of summons. Ooomph. Once you know what you're doing, you can do it with any dart-user except Wigfrid. Even Wendy feels like a more attractive choice, she can at least laze around now and then as abby tanks it (although abigail is still kind of awful, no damage or hp buff from beta, a friend thinks she revives faster but her damage seems the same in match files as before- a trivial ~1,000).

Since I just won a run doing Wickerbottom Healer, I gotta say it's probably the best way to do it. A team with wes runner, 2 wilson to quickly get the party back on foot, wendy on the fire staff and a wolfgang kinda tank. Just get out of fighting way and use the heal every time to sleep enemies and heal the whole party. Needs a big teamwork to not attack when you cast the heal spell, but that leads to victory. Also, you'll usually want to cast the heal with her boost almost every time during the swarm waves because the heal is greatly increased. (You probably need too much to put the boss to sleep to take the time to proc her ability in the final fight)

Every time you need to wait for the heal cooldown, if you can, get the petrification tome and wait for the flowers to wither to petrify the sleeping enemies. It'll give more respite to your teammates and time for the healing spell to get ready again.

As the only book reader of the team, I say that the book of (summoning) is pretty useless and don't ever waste time trying to use it. It's bad

Final note : seeing as she can be the most important piece, try to never get in harm's way and avoid fighting if you don't need the proc ability for spells.

Take time to analyze the best place and time to cast the healing spell during the time to cooldown, you'd not want to place it too far away of the enemy and miss the precious downtime to heal and revive allies.

Well, I really enjoyed playing Healerbottom and I'll probably continue doing so, tomorrow ;)

I have had the most success (3 won games) when using Woodie as a kiting class. With the feather hat and some movement speed armor, along with Lucy's instant-aggro throw, he is definitely my go-to choice of character when starting a game. His higher health and higher chance to obtain aggro makes him a valuable asset to any team, and I'd pick him over Wes anyday.

Archived