Tips and Tricks!

BiddoBams

Thought it would be a good idea to make a thread for any basic tips and tricks you guys may know! Here's some I found out whilst playing, feel free to post your own!

• The healing staff sleeps any enemy caught in its radius, yes, even the huge guys! This makes it great when playing as a Wilson or going to revive in general. Just cast the aura on the corpse of any enemy ally (i swear i edited that) and when monsters come to harass you, they'll take a nap before they get a chance to strike!
  • The Turtanks (I think thats their name, the big angry turtle boys) will only do their spin attack when lower on hp. So if you see one spinning: Focus it down! Its low on life! This also leads into:
  • Focus the tanks last!  They'll only walk towards you, giving you ample time to take out more pressing targets.
  • Revive your Wilsons first! If you see 2 people or more down and one of them is Wilson, make sure you get that boy up fast! Wilson's speedy revive and extra revive HP is too good to pass up. Also, if you have a Wilson, try to let them revive most allies. 
  • Be considerate! If an enemy is giving chase and you see a ally casting a fireball with the Inferno staff, try your best to kite them into the large red circle on the ground.

If you got anymore, feel free to post em!

• Give Willow priority of Molten Darts or Inferno Staff, she passively gets 10% more damage out of them.
  • Any helm that increases magic damage by 25% should have priority for Willow if she has the Inferno Staff, it adds a good chunk of damage to her spell and basic attacks.
  • If there are players down and you see your Wilson reviving them, try to keep aggro on yourself and pull the mobs away from him so he can safely revive.

• In my personal opinion, Maxwell should be provided the Inferno staff and Wickerbottom the Healing staff. Wickerbottom's special ability buffs her spells when she does enough damage, and Maxwell's ability requires to consecutively target a single enemy. These staves will allow them to safely engage enemies at a distance.
  • For scorpions, kiting them with ranged weapons and keeping a distance will prevent them from using their poison AoE attack. Having all survivors equipped with ranged weapons will help reduce the need for healing from poison during the round.
  • Forging Hammer AoE should be saved up for when enemies enter a defensive state.
  • Always be aware of any stuns that have been applied on enemies. Being able to effectively survive waves by keeping groups of enemies locked down can really help make waves more manageable.

• Each weapon has its own separate cool down, if your current weapon is on cooldown switch to a previous unused weapon from the floor and use it's special ability before switching back to your main weapon.

(I've only ever played two matches so far with Wendy reaching at least one wave after the Boarrior appeared, but swapping out my Darts every now and then to use their special attacks was great.)

When woodie throws lucy it grabs aggro on an enemy (I think due to the armor debuff) and with 20%+ speed or more he can kite a boarrier or the final boss indefinitely.  For the boarrier you run, dodge an attack, hit with lucy toss, and then keep running.  For the final boss, you run until you have enough distance and then lob an axe.

Barrage dart ability is a lot of damage. Try to keep it in a good spot so you can use it from time to time before going back to molten darts.

The boar stage in the final boss needs infernal staff + some aoe to delete the boars, If people start running everywhere expect a wipe after this stage.

If you are the "runner" duty don't take the strongest weapon.. So many runs get wiped by someone insisting to take infernal staff.

With the Infernal Staff, try to sleep a bunch of enemies in the healing circle, then as soon as the flowers start to fade, light that sucker up for a few thousand total damage. This is insanely effective as Willow. If you've got a Wickerbottom or Max, let them petrify first and then use the staff when the rocks break.

When enemies are in the circle, don't hit them. Even if you're down to a single boss, let them sleep. You'll have a chance to heal, and to run down your cooldowns. That Boarilla ground pound is evil, and it's absolutely capable of dropping your entire team if someone hits it while everyone's in the circle to heal.

On a related note, when the bosses are around, don't bunch up. One death might be unavoidable, but six isn't.

You don't need to be good players. You don't need to be good players. The Wickerbottom when we won was a lvl 1, but we won because we communicated and watched what the rest of the team was doing.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:13 AM, Riotraze said:

You don't need to be good players. You don't need to be good players. The Wickerbottom when we won was a lvl 1, but we won because we communicated and watched what the rest of the team was doing.

This is so true.  The first time I was in a successful team, one of our teammates was level 1.  I have seen some people with no experience immediately grasp the runner role.

I want to add two exceptions to the "let them sleep" rule:

1. If you're already at full health or close to it, and you're targeting a weaker mob that lacks an AoE attack or otherwise doesn't threaten anyone else.  Pit pigs and crocommanders, mostly.
  2. Scorpeons, Scourgeons, or The Mobs Formerly Known As Venomeers, since they have a weak melee attack and this is the only time you can fight them in melee without fear of their acid.  I'd love to just pick up darts and shoot these guys from a distance, but WX can't.

In both cases, be considerate of your teammates.  Snortoises have an AoE attack and could potentially launch into a spin, and the Aracids (scorPHions?  Envenomtebrates?  Arthropoisoners?) could still interrupt an ally's actions even though the splash won't do damage.  So if you're going to attack anything, try to keep the tanks in their own little corner away from everyone else.  And just let the snortoises sleep.

Archived