The Constant?

I was not able to fully read what Pugna had to say because of the fighting (and my 7-10 sec action delay wtf), but from what he said... and it was a lot... The Forge had MAJOR LORE DROPS

The Constant... The Hub... a crossing between worlds...

merm.PNG.32c1183ff8f5d9fcf7ecc34ea96a973a.PNG

The Forge, the new home of Pugna and his people, far from Their reaches...

59eeba1cd9996_PigKing.PNG.bfcd42c833aeb9e9db1c05d6f10ba803.PNG20171024064328_1.thumb.jpg.f24081750d4d570da4ad85ccfa96dc05.jpg

From that, we can assume the Throne he is referring to is The Nightmare throne, or the Pig king's rule, though I would opt for the first... then again, the Pig King could be the transformed Ancient that wielded the staff. He also has extensive knowledge of Them. He seems to be ageless as well... He referred to us as the Gate Keepers... and asked us if we knew who we were serving... I love this part a lot...

The Constant, a place for "New Beginnings"... where our survivors find newfound purpose...

wolfgang.PNG.19eefc95efa0924de6a77290244dc215.PNG

willow.PNG.e489c45d16037d95a5a4de55f817a84a.PNG

webber.PNG.d6cfb631710f0389780eaa6d01dbdb03.PNG

And for others, a place to simply exist...

max.PNG.55e6b10e55e7278f8f86072141f9bc57.PNG

Maxwell has nothing to go back to... everything he has lost... what is left, is in the Constant...

wicker.PNG.aaad7ae50f16d3530695c9cc575c866d.PNG

Her age and knowledge are put to better use in a place where age and death are never quite... constant... what is certain is Life goes on... and so does the punishment...

wendy.PNG.6ee76a067021e76e4f9cdf89cca030ca.PNG

Like her uncle, there is nothing for her back home... what she has here.. is family... and the memory of her sister...

GOD I LOVE THE LORE DROPS HERE <3

Exactly... as does the Ancient Stalker... but in a way, Charlie IS manipulating events that made the survivors go to these places... the Atrium, which we now know is a gate to other worlds... and the Forge, a stronghold of Pugna and his pigmen... I just wonder if Pugna and the Pig King were from the same world but had a falling out and the Pig King chose to move to the Constant under Maxwell's reign (or maybe even before).. THEY (the shadows) are known for conquering worlds... maybe-- why does this REALLLY remind me of Warcraft XD

The pigs are the Orcs, THEY are the Burning Legion... and... for some reason... the situation for Charlie seems to be similar to that of Kerrigan from Starcraft... I love it <3

I wonder if Pugna will become a major threat to Charlie given that he seems to really want the throne. My guess is that once the beta is over and Forge is officially released that the goal for the event will be to prevent Pugna from reaching the Throne and taking over. 

44 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

I wonder if Pugna will become a major threat to Charlie given that he seems to really want the throne. My guess is that once the beta is over and Forge is officially released that the goal for the event will be to prevent Pugna from reaching the Throne and taking over. 

They want to destroy the throne though.

"We will return to the hub and destroy the Throne."

9 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Didn't he say something like, all realms were just attached to the constant? And then he asked why the survivors just didn't seek out their own?

Maybe he thinks the survivors were created by Them?

Anyway, being able to call the characters "Gatekeepers" now, is awesome!

I thought this exchange was funny because most of them probably would if they could, though some of the curio items suggest a few of them are happier here. 

• Developer
3 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I feel like Pugna was on the throne before Maxwell. THEY kicked him off and sent him and his "people" down into The Forge (HELL). So now he is mad and want revenge!

But then he'd want to get back to the throne, no? From what I've read, the dude despises it!

5 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

But then he'd want to get back to the throne, no? From what I've read, the dude despises it!

He seems like the kind of person/pig/demon who would destroy something he cant have. If i cant have it no one can! How else would he know so much about Them and the throne...

4 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

He seems like the kind of person/pig/demon who would destroy something he cant have. If i cant have it no one can! How else would he know so much about Them and the throne...

Someone send Pugna to Wickerbottom's kindergarten class.

Okay so the worlds so far in DST/DS:

The Constant- The hub world and home to the nightmare throne as well as the survivors who are seen as the gatekeepers. It's precise location cannot be pinned down and it is a place where different realities converge leading to different areas including the archipelago and the main island of our fellow survivors. (My guess is that it's similar to the Plateau of Leng just without the cannibalistic cults though that can't be said for the other inhabitants) 

The Forge- A world built on the fires of war and ruled by Pugna. 

The Hamlet- World of the Pigmen and possible origin world of the Pig King and his followers. 

2 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Okay so the worlds so far in DST/DS:

The Constant- The hub world and home to the nightmare throne as well as the survivors who are seen as the gatekeepers. It's precise location cannot be pinned down and it is a place where different realities converge leading to different areas including the archipelago and the main island of our fellow survivors. (My guess is that it's similar to the Plateau of Leng just without the cannibalistic cults though that can't be said for the other inhabitants) 

The Forge- A world built on the fires of war and ruled by Pugna. 

The Hamlet- World of the Pigmen and possible origin world of the Pig King and his followers. 

You forgot the unnamed ocean in SW (Well at least it finally has a place in the lore) and the human world (or at least a variant of our world).

4 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You forgot the unnamed ocean in SW (Well at least it finally has a place in the lore) and the human world (or at least a variant of our world).

so, Forge intruders come to the Constant because gates was opened after Fuelweawer death. I guess all new events will hold different world theme. 

Archived