2. 2. Least Favorite

• A Cold Reception
    • King of Winter
    • The Game is Afoot
    • Archipelago
    • Two Worlds
    • Darkness

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/17 at 05:00 AM

My favorite is Two Worlds because it's the easiest.  You basically find that one wormhole that you can go back and forth through.  After that, you pretty much stay on the "nice" island and stock up on resources and prototype things.  After that, you go on the second island and all the Things are there.  I can't believe how easy it is.

My least favorite is A Cold Reception.  Easily the worst level.  It's the worst of King of Winter and The Game is Afoot combined.  Harsh Winter like King of Winter along with scarce resources, and then you have the annoying rain like The Game is Afoot.  Even worse is the fact that it's needlessly big (like I'll explore an area and it won't have a Thing at all).  I literally dread this level.

Archipelago and King of Winter are also easy and fun levels.  The Game is Afoot is not hard, but it's pretty boring.  Darkness isn't hard either, it's just annoying more than anything because it's dark and the level is big like A Cold Reception.

(I've only played Adventure Mode in Vanilla, not RoG)

My favorite is "The Game Is Afoot". I like the challenge of surviving a short bleak Winter with barely any resources, and then having infinite Summer (comparable to Autumn in RoG) to build a base and unlock all my craftables. I take my sweet time in the latter part, and rush the short Winter trying to get a Tam and/or a Walking Cane after blazing through the chess pieces. I also really enjoy the complete change of world layout/map.

My least favorite is "Darkness". I'm not very good at all-night, which I suppose is the whole point, LOL. But I'm typically super-prepared by the time I get there, and I know how to navigate and beat it, as long as I'm careful and attentive. I'd like it if there were some way I felt inspired to live in the world and explore the possibilities, instead of just rush through it to the end. Living there, especially with the multiple different set pieces, seems like it would be a lot of fun... but that's not what the world is for at all.

"Two Worlds" is sorta boring IMO, especially with one resource being super-limited... I keep going back-and-forth with "do I stay or do I leave". I do really like the different biome layout though - I mean how pig villages are set up differently, maxwell traps have a whole area, etc. "A Cold Reception" and "Archipelago" are both fun for me, since I have to keep adjusting my play strategy on the fly. "King of Winter" is probably the most boring for me, since it's just rush-rush-rush.

Do I understand correctly, "The Game Is Afoot" in RoG would be Winter and then infinite Spring? If so, then I would change my vote to "A Cold Reception" as favorite instead, and "The Game Is Afoot" as a boring level due to rushing through it. I don't mind how a resource is totally changed and/or unavailable in "A Cold Reception", that makes it interesting for me.

Archived