Sharing my base design (Warning: Many Pictures)

Ok let me introduce my recent base design Oil update, where i always use and improve from time to time without abusing bug or glitch (at least not in my consideration). dupe i manage is 11, i know low number is easy. i just want educate and give new player here a welcome to learn from my base design. i know this not 100% efficient or perfect, but at least most of it is automated, or only need single click for switch to make the system run
i will explain the each structure purpose from top of my base to the bottom

Liquid Oxygen

this system for cooling the base to any place you want, just make sure make wall/pipe using abbysalite
for loop, use pipe wolframite and manual door with wolfamite to add more mass cooling

59e0989006cba_LoxSystem.thumb.jpg.e99543fb58997a1c6bb770f0e0f2251a.jpg

i think everyone understand the loop system we using on aquatuner +crude oil with brigde
but in recent update putting small wire for adding switch add another problem: overload
since heavy watt joint plate can transmit heat through wall the workaround we using here is make a small vacuum room for them, so we can add thermo switch between them filled with hydrogen gas, best separate system is with vacuum = no heat transfer. making this liquid oxygen system more stable
59e09a430021c_LoxSystem2.jpg.b2ec53fdf54296f55e0e4014225ab33c.jpg

to limit the incoming gas you want convert to liquid oxygen im using two atmo switch here, so you can send oxygen and polluted oxygen, if you using only single switch this will make oxygen & polluted oxygen overlap each other and going be problem with only one atmo switch to detect pressure between this two gasses type. Im using gas filter to limit incoming gas here (just put random gas like steel, mercury or any unused gas for filter)

59e09dc038bf2_LoxSystem3.thumb.jpg.c05ff9af58ebad9acc6cc2a62a4fb077.jpg

59e09e81c69b5_LoxSystem4.thumb.jpg.79ee120c2027e92dac7a499121a4283a.jpg

Power Room

this room is for cooling your battery and hydrogen generator, with simple wheezeworth and hydrogen gas
extra cooling can colling your entire base. put this room on near top of your base, so hydrogen gen can have decent supply hydrogen gas and heat behaviour gather to top.

59e09fde0f507_Powerroom.thumb.jpg.58a0a985a3b25af52d828cc7cf259beb.jpg

most wall is from abbysalite, and add some granite/plastic tile so cold can leak to side and cooling your base. other reason you put this on top base, this place is full of heavy watt wire, so dupe wont go here often and affect strees level because decor from heavy watt

59e0a03fe6582_Powerroom2.jpg.41c969790ec1731f774246a8e50000e6.jpg

Chlorine room

this simple room is for gather chlorine and farm balm lily, airlock is stop gas and heat leaking to your base, heater with temperature switch is to maintain hot for plant. And single storage compactor to put all Bleach stone since they stop emitting chlorine gas when its overpressured

59e0a287c86a3_Chlorineroom.thumb.jpg.9edda50591a5c1060ed9af92c01be0c1.jpg

Oil Refinery room

this room separate with three segments,

oil refinery machine, after airlock put single exosuit (depend how many refinery you have) so dupe can refine most of their time without scalding/hold breath problem, and i put single whezzeworth so the room not overheating and broke your pump/machine after period of time. extra decor will be benefit for your dupe since they will work until atmo suit out of air (depend on priority you set for refinery machine)

crude oil reservoir,   simple to gather all your crude oil, by pump and manual labor using bottle emptier, all u need is scavenge dig down map to find oil, put liquid pump there or pitcher pump. so dupe can bring to this room

petroleum reservoir, this is place is the proccesses oil, you can pump this later to Polymer press or petroleum generator, remember to use abbysalyte pipe , since output is 70C and can heat your base where you send this oil to 

59e0a55f0f768_OilRefineryRoom.thumb.jpg.876c6de7d66484f33d9f63ecc452a372.jpg

the last is remember put gas pump and atmo switch so extra gas can go to your natural gas generator

Storage Hatch Coal Production

well everyone know what is this, and most of us know their purpose
just set to sweep and we can drop later, so hatch eat it and produce tons of coal for our coal generator

59e0a6afb99ea_StorageHatchCoalProduction.thumb.jpg.a1715bff7222a8c671808022e4b9b401.jpg

Oxygen Generation

im using 4 electrolyzer for 11 dupe, liquid oxygen, and exosuit
using open area system, where all hydrogen gather at topElectrolyzer.thumb.jpg.6409303c47a560ae9157c42945f01901.jpg

i put central hub gas pump between this 4 electrolyzer to suck extra oxygen for exosuit dock, or distribute oxygen to your entire base, like refrigerator room/sleet wheat farm room.

Electrolyzer2.thumb.jpg.00d55fcb6b69d9b947b6c0e61cbf9967.jpg

Main Cooler Room

we dont want our base heating up, we need to delete the heat coming from steam geyser, machinery and other source. this is our main passive cooler room.
its simple same like other cooling room, just put wheeze worth, hydrogen gas, abbysalite tile, and some granite/plastic to leak the cold. the different we dont put anything in here just an empty room for cooling purpose. other benefit extra cold is for refrigerator room, and cooling down bristle farm. make the manual door using wolframite for extra cold leaking the room

59e0abdcee7f4_MainCoolerRoom.thumb.jpg.6e95ac2c26b1400f3087d9ab341cc2e4.jpg

Kitchen

Dupe need food, this is the best place to cook and put fridge. but we are not talking about small refrigerator with only 100kg limit
Kitchen.thumb.jpg.dabf55855b6a782bf0ff9dc9c39d2647.jpg
we need bigger place to stash our food stock
this the cooler room build for
Kitchen2.thumb.jpg.7a6ba2e3c6b9d1cce196a20425bdbdd3.jpg
so the cooling come from bottom of the fridge,  use granite to make plenty ration box. and need constant supply of oxygen for refrigerator, so refrigerator can cooling kitchen area when someone open the door and deleting heat from electric grill. need more food storage? just make the room bigger and put moar ration box.

Food Farm Area

this is pretty much simple, after you leave mealwood, all you need focus on high end food sleet and bristle
use as much as possible passive cooling from wheeze+hydrogen room to cool down your farm
59e0ae6537204_FarmArea2.thumb.jpg.221cf082e18cc6c23dc84a86844fa40a.jpg

for sleet wheat, you definitely need hydrogen loop with thermo regulator
and remember make the water irrigation pipe from abbysalite, so even the water is hot, it wont affect the plant
since the room is closed to retain temperature, so we need oxygen source coming, because when dupe come in and out the pressure will drop
and any oxygen leak will cooling the base when someone open the door
59e0ae689fced_FarmArea.thumb.jpg.17872422894cfadd708087d7788790e3.jpg

Water Reservoir

i think i have same design with everyone here, other addition im doing is supply fresh oxygen to this room, and send hot oxygen with gas pump to liquid oxygen maker room. Some ice and snow storage at the bottom to help cooling the water. i always ignore the heat from steam geyser water source, since my water reservoir is mostly cold from passive cooling room. just remember to use abbysalite pipe , from water geyser and for electrolyzer/bathroom/CO2 scrubber/sink
avoiding heat leak from water to your entire base

59e0b0e8a4e45_WaterReservoir.thumb.jpg.998dd0e77eaeb701c4be22060a16afee.jpg

im using insulated to make sure i dont forget and more easy to differentiate which one use abbysalite which one use granite
well actually normal pipe with abbysalite is have same effect for insulating
59e0b22fa4ce1_WaterReservoir2.jpg.40edc596b5ea0df90b963cde05a8b055.jpg59e0b230821ac_WaterReservoir3.jpg.06453fd65ebf85667dbdeb8099283b2a.jpg

Plastic Production

ok we know polymer press is hot, this is how to cool it down
using water dripping, i dont know its bug, but i dont see any bug abuse here
its just simple drop, so hot steam produce from the machine going down with the water
59e0b3e2e0c21_PolymerPress.thumb.jpg.4851b6a8b02d25d5d3636843022d50cb.jpg
and plastic not changing to naptha, you can run this full cycle nonstop as long you have petroleum supply keep coming

Polluted Water Reservoir

ok im putting everything here, anything produce heat and polluted oxygen inside, some storage compactor for storing polluted ice at the bottom, on top is pincha pepper farm with heater. algae distiller, natural gas generator, outhouses, morb, sink, and some storage for slime, polluted dirt, rot pile. and single deodizer outside of entrance
another note, gas pump at bottom area is to suck polluted oxygen we can convert to liquid oxygen
59e0b6a452999_PollutedWater.thumb.jpg.a6ab234a169e1e417dc60ab719259c77.jpg

Pincha Pepper Farm

for high end food we need pepper, with all heat coming from the machinery and addition from heater will make this stable
phosporite storage near farm, make it more efficient. and need constant supply of oxygen for killing slimelung germs, since iam filling this room mostly with polluted oxygen

59e0b8483ede0_PinchaPepperFarm.thumb.jpg.aacae9436b525ddb6dbc29c6ea259f3e.jpg

dont forget using abbysalite pipe to avoid cold water irigate the farm

59e0b881d63d8_PollutedWater2.thumb.jpg.ba3e2a9418248a4b9dda3798ed35a131.jpg

Basement

this room where all Carbon Dioxide or any heavy gas gather
there a lot CO2 source from machinery coming to this place
Basement.thumb.jpg.eab2cfd7f765b756a9e2c85c4010427b.jpg
there 4 segment on this area ill explain

• Gas Control
    with 4 gas filter, i can send any gas without worry, polluted oxygen mainly go to liquid oxygen room, chlorine to respected room, natural gas to nearby natural gas generator, CO2 to the most bottom where slickster eat all of it, any small gas leaking to your base dont worry they will gather at bottom and you can manage easily
    59e0bb780246b_GasControl.thumb.jpg.fd8be8db1f6aecd2cbdd277fff5b5940.jpg

• Water Distiller
    this mainly for emergency purpose at early game, since you not found steam geyser at the moment
    actually i want change this section with steam maker so i can convert polluted water to steam then pure water
    well my storage have 1000 tonnes of sand i wont worry about that, and i have enough plenty water

59e0bcbe38043_waterdistiller.thumb.jpg.a338947e915a3f97e84232240fff8eea.jpg

• Coal Generator
    for early game and for emergency backup power. with hatches produce lots of coal, we have good amount of power stored.
    59e0bd4b4c2b1_CoalGenerator.thumb.jpg.9624a646f052cbbfcf5e7184f7e04aee.jpg

• Carbon Room
    this is best part, anything heavy gas will gather at bottom of base, 3 gas pump with manual door  for send any gas to control filter area. unwanted gas from water and p.water reservoir easily cleared with only open the door on both side, there reason why im using gas tile on both water reservoir room.
    - if you want clear like small pocket chlorine or natural gas you can easily shut down the door and let gas pump vacuum the door
    - heater for making slickster alive, since they need around 35+C 
    - carbon skimmer is for early game since we dont have slickster
    - and a liquid pumper for sending crude oil produce by slickster to the refinery room

Carbon.thumb.jpg.a672041d7999b67b9e6c356e1c6b0742.jpg

Natural Gas Power

after i found natgas geyser this im doing, a geyser with a single fertilizer synthetizer is enough to powering three natgas generator
since the gas is hot after geyser erupted, i put single wheezeworth to avoid pump overheat
make the pipe from abbysalite to send it through your base
dont forget lock the door so dupe dont gather fertilizer back and forth

natgas.thumb.jpg.209150ea0c5e764853ab730a75d1b6b2.jpg

natgas2.thumb.jpg.11da407a2978895e1693f35b11ffe2a4.jpg
okay here 4 natgas inside my base, if you wondering why i have 4 instead of three
one extra natgas gen is for natural gas produce by oil refinery machine

Water Geyser

my water source is very simple, nothing special cooling or some sort. just using abbysalite pipe thru my base
and let my base cooling it down later, haha :D

59e0cb6715090_watergeyser.thumb.jpg.93b20c1ef75405820bb446a5ad1908ff.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Overall

this base design is not done in single time only, it was improved and improved everytime i play, add this remove that , something sort like that
here the big picture of the base from actual view perspective

• Base Access

this base only have two exit, both supply with exo suit depend on how many dupe we maintain

59e0c32689bce_baseaccess.jpg.4660cd7456a6d65271f8eab9c84e4b3c.jpg59e0c32aa0747_baseaccess2.thumb.jpg.4ec5199cfc4eb7c853ef3e39035c8548.jpg

• Base Gas Distribution

pretty much explain on the pictures, hydrogen gather at top, carbon dioxide at bottom

59e0c40127efa_BaseGas.jpg.ae359cafa60e3ec22db864be407d1a0c.jpg

• Base Wiring

this one boring picture everyone share,

59e0c5b816880_BasePower.jpg.68afbd425852ae8bde89906da4ab4a75.jpg

i put every power transformer outside of left base for easily access for rewiring and divide watt to each floor/room

59e0c605e6ad3_basetransformer.thumb.jpg.112b971fd720fd7b2008eb149fccd855.jpg

• Base Temperature

this another boring picture everyone share for their base
just make sure all outer wall of base is abbysalite
all fine and dandy inside, all dupe happy
just remember to design base, heat usually go to top, cold usually go to bottom

59e0c80af1c03_Basetemperature.jpg.e3ba876b002d3dde78445ec98498bd7a.jpg

ok i will stop here since i dont want give you more boring picture about piping water and gas or light,or even decor, living room included they all mostly useless since i can provide u a save game to see yourself System X2.sav

Any Critique and comment about my base design is welcome
and im sorry for my bad english :D cheers

why so many airlock if you ask me. you waste too much electric....
i just want answer: i dont want abuse the bug
membrane door with naptha, or steep tile with water block, or small water drip

every one can have their own preference
because this game is single player, its up to player to cheat or not, no one care
i just prefer the way game intended

4 hours ago, Botaxalim said:

..its up to player to cheat or not,..

Mhh, more of bugusing then cheating for me. Many things in ONI like the waterdripthing, i used too without knowing, it's bugged..
When it's in the game and they don't fix it, it's no cheat, it's a feature ^^

4 hours ago, MaxwellJoneZ said:

Nice work man. I do like the way you are trying not to use any but or exploit. Learning from your base and improving my understanding. A big thank you!

Im glad the guide help, and thanks for the like everyone

Appreciate the positive respon:)

22 hours ago, Yoonizar said:

I love how you manage almost basically everything here, like you dont have to worry about anything anymore, lol.

How much time do you need to complete it? Looks like it takes a lot , but I'm a bit inspired :D

The last base is 600 cycles, i dont know exact hours in real time, i guess around 15 hours each new base

Well the base i made is all improvement from last base, its kind of boring design same rectangle all i play

The different and challenge is how to maximize what is inside to be efficient, like experiment, trial and error

Its not perfect , my playtime in steam is 360+hours. Because i know some people have 1000+hours and more hardcore than me.

On 10/18/2017 at 8:29 PM, M1r077 said:

I should say that there is one thing missing in your post : The seed

Or maybe it's a custom one (I mean modified)

I dont think seed is relevant. I play with default setting anytime, sometimes play with weak immunity, rinse and repeat

And size of base only occupy starting biome. Well if you wish you can save files i provide to use check the seed

Because after i built everyting (end game), usually got bored and make new game with new random seed. Then i could improve the new base, where previous base fail to optimize. Same base, same size, same design, that why map seed is unrelated in this case. Except ancient ruins blocking the planning base near starting biome in rare case

On 10/22/2017 at 7:51 AM, M1r077 said:

I would love to see a video of one of your game. From begining to end.

It would be interesting to see your transitions.

Yeah the hardest part is the beginning, making huge water reservoir my main prior, overproduce mealwood

Not built electrolyzer till i get wheezewort, no bath until i finish all infrastructure. Dig out all base layout, fortify when you have extra abbysalite afterward, 

with so many empty space inside your square base, then you decide later which room you want to focus finish.Yeah that kind of play is unusual. With same base design every play, i can measure how many space i need in planning mode, when you have that as basis in your foundation ,i can say i dont doing much transitions. build big or nothing mindset

7 hours ago, GrindThisGame said:

Very nice setup @Botaxalim . So nice and tidy! How many nat gas generators do you have to power all that stuff? Do your air filters encased in insulated tile ever overheat?

3 natgas gen full cycle,1 extra natgas when refinery room full.coal generator rarely run unless im running plastic production, or "filtering air" .

They dont produce heat as far is i know, so i never have case airfilter overheat, even they do my base never have heat problem, so gas going thru them likely cooled down the filter

Hello @Botaxalim! Congratulations on creating this beautifull base, it's awsome!!
Could you please post more detailed photos of wiring, piping. the sort of materials you used, those kind of thing.
I'd love to create a base inspired in somethings you have but for that i need to know how you putted all together ( kind of materials used, wiring, the water & gas pipes, etc) 

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Lucaman said:

Hello @Botaxalim! Congratulations on creating this beautifull base, it's awsome!!
Could you please post more detailed photos of wiring, piping. the sort of materials you used, those kind of thing.
I'd love to create a base inspired in somethings you have but for that i need to know how you putted all together ( kind of materials used, wiring, the water & gas pipes, etc) 

Thank you!

you can download my save game and check it :D

My Prefered material
for cooling room mostly using wolframite for best thermal conductor if avaiable (this kind of rare)
all liquid pipes inside base and gas pipe like natural gas from geyser always use Abbysalite, 
, abbysalite normal tiles with is hard to differentiate if you using granite normal tiles around your base, that why im using insulated tiles with abbysalite for more easy to see
using  granite for easy thermal transfer, and you can upgrade later to plastic for more cold transfer

because my food storage in cool temperature, use granite for ration box
for thermal switch, heater, use wolframite

For Wiring always use Iron Ore, since they is common and dont have any extra niche
non-industrial machine use Copper ore for extra 10% decoration, good for bathroom or any structure where dupe crowded
Gold Amalgam, every machine which output heat, since this material is plenty, i almost use it for everything metalic (+50% overheat) 

Actually all material , as long you know their niche, you can use it for your own benefit
its kind of easy after you play ONI a while, use X material for build this Y Structure,  its all depend what you need

and sorry i cant provide you detailed photo, kind of busy in real life lately
well you can ask me anytime. Anyway you can check first post on this thread and download the save file

I'm running this same aquatuner setup, but I'm having trouble with the oil coming out hotter than it is going into the aquatuner, and I think it's because the aquatuner is running too hot.

I have since ran the aquatuner at below 5C, but I guess I'm having trouble cooling the thing fast enough; it's taking a real long time to cooldown, and I'm sure some of you guys have seen this before, any ideas? I'm guessing we'll have to first run a thermo regulator loop to cool stuff down?

Thanks in advance!

aquatuner_LOX.jpg

u need using abbysalite pipe around green area i marked
since the aquatuner hot, it will spread to the pipe and content inside it
abbysalite is best insulator and prevent heat exchange

last note, u can use the liquid brigde to make liquid always moving. so the system moving in loop
because even with 4 wheezeworth and hydrogen gas around the room, its not enough to run aqyatuner 24/7 and will cause overheat to aquatuner
so the idea about loop is to using aquatuner when its needed, and putting thermo switch to detect when aquatuner should on or off automatically depend on temperature

how.jpg

if you confuse, you can download my save game to check what  material used to build each component (pipe, aquatuner, door, switch, etc)
i hope the savegame work for recent update

First, thanks for the reply.

Second, I probably should've mentioned that in my first post. I actually switch the insulated to uninsulated to see whether the temperature of the insulated abyssalite pipes was making a different in the temperature of the oil running through it because my insulated abyssalite pipes were about 30-40C, since I couldn't find that info anywhere, maybe someone can enlighten me on that; anyways, what seems to matter most looks to be the temperature of the aquatuner. Once the aquatuner gets hot it will output hotter liquid (correct me if I'm wrong). What I find is that since I normally have no oil in those pipes when the system stops running it doesn't really make a difference atm (see below), if I fill it completely then it's another story, but since it is not constantly running I don't see a benefit of filling it (again correct me if I'm wrong).

Third: Yes, I completely get what you are saying regarding the "using aquatuner only when its needed." Right now I'm running the aquatuner at -20C and it's slowly but surely cooling down. I've gotten the radiator temperature down to about -50C atm after about 40 cycles.

Fourth, I have now upgrade the door to be vacuum sealed so there is no cooling lost anywhere on the system. Maybe I'll add more worts next to see how far I can take it.

Fifth, and yes, I have also downloaded your savegame for reference. Thanks for the hard work! Greatly appreciated!

oni_lox_radiator.png

Archived