After a long time of hiding, the mysterious Neptune corporation reveals itself. Based in Antarctica and well researched into cryogenics, they will use all new tricks and traps to protect their facilities.

This mod was created thanks to us modders being given permission to use Spyface, one of Klei's internal tools. In this mod you can see how it can be used to create new worlds. The art itself is reused from ingame sources.

Decor, tilesets, literally everything is WIP. Guards use assets from FTM guards for now.

Change log: 

Spoiler

29/9-17

Initial release

7/10-17

Added and improved several prefabs.
Added a new guard: Frost Trooper. Uses FTM Elite assets for now.
Added option to guarantee that you get Neptune missions.
Map locations moved closer to the coast, new locations in the ocean near Antarctica, moved the map back to where it was previously.
Changed visibility to public.

7/10-17

Fixed crash if the Advanced Guard Protocol mod is not installed

14/10-17

Added Frost Elite.
Added Seeker Trooper and Seeker Elite.
Fixed crash upon entering a high security Neptune mission.
Fixed daemons spawning on pressure sensors.

18/10-17

Fixed Pressure Sensor issues when using a program with a cooldown while Programs Extended is installed.
Fixed errors when hovering over a Frost Trooper or Elite while Advanced Guard Protocol is not installed.
Fixed daemons spawning on pressure sensors, for real this time.
Added option to offset the map upwards.
Chilling Aura no longer has an effect on the first turn.

Requires Sim Constructor: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=580661011

Steam Workshop version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150892388

Feel free to discuss the mod on our Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/aQrXEse

workshop-1150892388.zip

Never mind.  I just updated to the latest version of Sim Constructor and suddenly it's loading.

You might want to specify that it require a recent version in case anyone else has this problem.

One of the guard types in the Neptune levels is bugged.  When I put the cursor over him to get info I got an error message every frame until the cursor was moved away:

Oct 15 22:27:22 -- game/sim/unitdefs/commondefs.lua:965: bad argument #1 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)

stack traceback:
	[C] ?
	[C] in function 'format'
	game/sim/unitdefs/commondefs.lua:965 in function 'onWorldTooltip'
	game/client/hud/hud.lua:1217 in function <game/client/hud/hud.lua:1111>
	(tail call) ?
	game/client/mui/mui_screen.lua:339 in function 'handleInputEvent'
	game/client/mui/mui.lua:376 in function 'onInputEvent'
	game/client/input-manager.lua:57 in function 'notifyListeners'
	game/client/input-manager.lua:116 in function <game/client/input-manager.lua:112>

I don't know the name of the guard type, but I have a screenshot.  It's the rightmost guard standing next to the door:

errorImage.thumb.png.24e81a4c91ade855b272d58bba1b3abd.png

EDIT: Forgot to include the log.  Expect a LOT of the error message I quoted above since, as I said, I was getting that every frame the cursor was over him:

invisibleinc.txt

Okay, I know what the issue is, but I'll have to think for a while on how to approach it. For now you can simply download Advanced Guard Protocol, it will fix the issue. You don't need to use it, you can turn it off before you start the game, just have it in your list of mods.

Fixed Pressure Sensor issues when using a program with a cooldown while Programs Extended is installed.
Fixed errors when hovering over a Frost Trooper or Elite while Advanced Guard Protocol is not installed.
Fixed daemons spawning on pressure sensors, for real this time.
Added option to offset the map upwards.
Chilling Aura no longer has an effect on the first turn.

Archived