I need help with my controls. "Controller Disabled" won't work.

I bought and have been playing Don't Starve for a while. Awesome game!... But lately I've been having a huge problem. When I go into my games on Don't Starve, they always appear in controller mode, and I can't use my mouse to do anything. I deleted my settings file in the Klei folder of my Documents, and that didn't work at all. Then I accidentally set my W button to my left mouse, and it's been stuck there ever since. I went as far as to clear out the data in my steam folder, and then redownload the data from my Steam app. That didn't work at all. Something tells me that this has to do with my steam account, but I don't know how to fix that. PS, I also own Don't Starve Together, and this isn't a problem. 

Thanks.

Hi,

So I don't know if you did find a solution to your problem, but I kind of have the same. The "generic controller" button is activated, and I simply CAN'T get to set it off. It's like an invisible controller is pressing every button possible anywhere, and even spaming with the mouse won't help it. I tried to udpate the game, Steam, uninstall, reinstall, I looked at every possible other messages about the issue on the forum, and I didn't find any solution. I disabled the Steamcloud setting, didn't do anything. Tried to look into the Steam settings, hoping that I could find some place where I could disable the generic controller without having to launch the game first, but didn't succeed.

If anyone can help me, that would be really great. Thank you in advance !

Archived