Guys, I would like to know how likely a suggestion like this could be implemented into the game? I have seen many topics in suggestion section that are good ideas, got a lot of attention (replies, views) everyone's happy with them, but never a Klei staff read them, thus they won't ever be happened.

1 hour ago, FistfulOfZen said:

Yeah, I'd like to see something, anything, from Klei on this topic. They can't think that "Willow is fine." can they?

They probably do.  Blame the "Nerf everything" crowd.  They probably thought Willow was too OP and wanted to nerf her. 

MY GOAL: HAVE WILLOW PLAYABLE (MEANING FUN AND ENJOYABLE) IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE
Not to make her top tier like WICKERBOTTOM, WOLFGANG, & WX-78 (The Holy Trinity LOL)

FOUR MAIN POINTS TO CHANGE

1 :: Revert Willow to immune to Fire due to being so situational OR give her resistance/
immunity to overheating paired with the current fire resistance.

2 :: Have her lighter be refillable instead of being able to cook and take more valuable
resources to craft. my example:[1x rope, 1x gold, 1x flint, 1x rock, & 1x petal.][[fuel
could be petals, rope, grass, mushrooms, berries, ,birch nuts, or small fruits.]]

3 :: Give Bernie the additional function to walk over and instantly put out fire in
exchange for ~10hp. Will be a check and to determine trolling Willows. Increased crafting
cost for having two functions. my example:[2-4x nightmare fuel, 2-4x silk, & 2-4x beefalo
wool] = 1000-2000 hp Bernie

4 :: Replace Willow's downside of freezing with Random combustion like original and maybe
pair being more susceptible/prone to freezing.

Willow's adaptation from DS to DST was misfortunate but thanks to updates and great
active developers it can change currently(Fall 2017) most people find her perks not worth
it and her horrible downside which personally isn't "fun" to play around unlike her original
nerve-wracking random fires you had to fight back like her deep desires to burn everything
which had good immersion. Her Immunity to fire reduce to resistance is understandable but
at least give her immunity to overheating but nothing really beats fire resistance. Now
let's get to her special items starting with the lighter which should have finite
durability and smaller light radius for balancing issues. I don't know why a pyro"MANIAC"
would have a rational process to say "huh I could cook with my lighter" and not "more fuel
for the fire!". I propose her lighter to be maintain it's current light radius and run
time of 10 min(600 sec) but as a trade off would like to have it be crafted from
[1x rope, 1x gold, 1x rock, 1x flint, & lx petal] and be refillable instead of cooking
food. Especially since it steps on Warly's turf and he has a better mobile cooking ability
further showcasing Willow doesn't do anything better than any other character's perk but
suffers an unproportionate downside. Hitting the same note again her companion Bernie is
subpar when compared to Lucy(infinite Axe), Maxwell's shadow puppets, or Wendy's sister
Abigail. Bernie could be a bit more immersive by functioning as a regular teddy bear by
dettering the monsters and being a poor man's ice fling-o-matic to be a check for Willow's
pyromania. While active in addition to Distracting Nightmare creatures he could run up and
put out fires instantly at the cost of 10hp. This would also determine if a random Willow
online is intentionally trolling because they would put out a Bernie if they are low on
sanity. Plus they would learn of this new function quickly as they have him out by the
campfire at night. As compensation for this additional perk an upgraded cost of
[2x nightmare fuel, 2x silk, & 2x beefalo wool]. I propose nightmare fuel because getting
hair is either killing hairlings/hairlords while nightmare fuels ties with Bernie's first
function of distracting nightmares so you can escape/kill them. Maybe even increase the
crafting cost of Bernie to 4x of each silk,wool,fuel to double his health since the
intention is to have him be more viable and furthermore used more. Hopefully if any of
these changes are implemented she will be on par with Wilson and Wendy maybe even Maxwell
or Webber.

Willow might have seen better days, but I think she is fine as she is for DST. If all the good servers have the trinity of Wickerbottom, Wolfgang, and WX anyway, why should Willow have to compete with them all?

She can still chop trees, gather supplies, and fend for herself. Is that not enough? She has a long-lasting lighter that can adapt to any situation that warrants just a pinch of flame or light, a teddy bear that can help with hopeless battles with shadow creatures, and sanity obtained from fire that can help level her otherwise meager sanity pool. Willow's not meant to be a complex character, but her, the Firestarter, is still is my favorite character, and for reasons not expected of the meta-game.

Just my opinion, I know my insight on the matter isn't very popular here.

I get where you're coming from, @Commissar Oscar, but no one plays her anymore. Why? She sucks. She's boring, her abilities are situational, her lighter might as well not exist, and the teddy bear is something I literally can't muster up the energy to give a damn about one way or another. LOL

I appreciate your feedback, but you literally didn't address anything that was posted. Could you please address the suggested changes?

EDIT: See, there are only two rationales for changes to Willow
1) People were using Willow to grief... but literally everyone can grief, and it costs very little, so, I'm sorry, that's a terribly stupid reason to change Willow.
2) Willow's negatives were too disruptive. This at least is a somewhat rational argument for changing Willow, but Willow was a difficult character to play, with an interesting and quirky upside. Now she has benefits that are, at best, situational, and, at worst, redundant or stupid. And her downside went from situationally bad (for noobs) to just annoying (in general). Her freezing weakness is just a poor mechanic. And, just throwing ideas up against the wall, I strongly believe that some of the suggested alternatives are FAR better than the current one.

Giving her some natural resistance to overheating and making her get insanity from rain sound good for me.

SHE REALLY HATES RAIN. 

Immunity to fire she can do without in my opinion. She must keep a degree of sanity regen near fire though. The whole freezing when insane is just nonsense. It has to go. 

Honestly the lighter should probably be replaced by her having mastery over all things fire related.

For example lighting the firepit/endo firepit more efficiently (more for less) or maybe making special torches that have a higher light radius and durability? That way she could give improved torches to her friends. She could also start with the one of those improved torches in her inventory so she can remain newb friendly.  Perhaps also making better campfires/endothermic fires on the go (bigger temp radious and/or duration.)

Basically if there's a willow on a server you should want her making the fire related things, it's her expertise. 

She could also be a niche character for winter/summer starts with the aforementioned traits. 

Archived