grouping duplicants for door management

hello,

currently to optimize performed tasks and make rooms for dupes i need to select a door. and then find each dupe name to configure door directions. possible I like to be able to set groups for dupes to manage door configurations for a group at a time to make it less tedious. thought of copying settings too just like the storage containers and farms but doors are more complex and differ more form one and other. it is easy to do when you command a small number of dupes but when you start configure doors for 40+ dupes it becomes quite annoying.  if grouping is made possible it would be great to add the same dupe in more then 1 group

Happy gaming,

well naming it doesn't really matter still need to go to all the doors and change the setting a dupe at a time though it is making finding them easier. And well you don't name dupes then but give them a designation code. like G2J3 (Group2Job3) >'"< you could do it more sophisticated though with just giving the first 2 letters a certain meaning  and be able to change the following anyway you want to get decent sounding names.

the small number of doors at an entrance works as long as you only want to move incoming dupes. but it's not like once i build I keep it that way forever like when building a fully automated area, while excavating and building  i want the dupes sleeping and eating there instead creating a load of walking time more so when working on the edges of the map. and when done move them to another area

The issue isn't about it being doable. it's about making it easier all you'd need to do then is add the dupes to the right group instead going to all the doors and manually change them which is a hassle when making new [living quarters / work area / mess / lavatories] for a new incoming set of dupes / or moving existing ones when they are done on their current location. I need to set the right restrictions for all dupes. so the wrong ones can't exit  or enter (which they might still do if a dupe enters and holds the door open for some reason) and the right ones won't leave. this become quite a work load with more then 40 dupes running around.

if things work out for the way you play great for you. but for me it's less so. since the less dupes one has the easier it is to manage and the less changes one needs to makes over time, since well work is done slower and you need to move them around less. But for me, since I like to find the limits of in game resources and possibilities I try i squeeze as many dupes in my colony as i can usually reaching 60 and then I stop at some point cause of building up irritations and start a new colony with some new (improved) basic colony design ideas I start to restrict dupe access more and more as the design gets more complex to increase efficiency.

Don't get me wrong I still love the game but because of the tedious work in mid and late game when you command a lot of dupes I tend to restart

I just offered up this idea since i think it would improve the game. since it's a type of action a player doesn't tend to want to do a lot. so making it easier and faster to manage is an improvement no?

Archived