For hydrogen generator pump , i usually put my electrolyzer open in the base, and make my base like a pyramid on top area, just put the pump there and atmo switch a little lower. Well hydrogen usually going to top left area. I dont really need filter since top area full of hydrogen, safe for long run and doest really waste power

For suggestion "gas switch" i dont know how klei to implement well, since low pressure gas movement is crazy and a little bit random, and could least switch insta on off fastly

7 hours ago, Queron81 said:

For example for the hydrogen generator. If there is no hydrogen left, all connected buildings (pump, filter) could be turned off, so they don't waste power. It could depend on the time the gas is / is not in the area of the sensor (like 60 seconds).

The way to do this in-game, which actually works better than a "material type" sensor would work if it were in the game, is to have a permanent layer of hydrogen, only pumping it off up to a certain point that you set with an Atmo Switch. This Atmo Switch doubles as a filter (you will never pump out so much hydrogen that anything other than hydrogen will get to the pump) and a power saver (the pump should generally not run unless it can pull large packets). You can then use tiles in various ways (some very compact) to prevent other gases from getting past your hydrogen layer. The most compact of these that I have seen is this one by @Kasuha 7nfwWql.jpg

This particular setup also avoids the hydrogen deletion bug, which AFAIK is still in the game. In Outbreak at least, one of these on each side of your base would easily keep 8 dupes breathing, and I'd probably trust it up to about 12. I haven't played Oil yet; I know they doubled the dupes' oxygen requirement, but I don't know if they correspondingly scaled up the machines' oxygen production.

Archived