I don't think plants should drop seeds.

Now that plants don't die when harvested and now that they drop a seed every third harvest (on average), I find myself inundated with seeds I'll never use.  Back in the day before seeds were so readily available I used to plan my tunnels in a way so that they'd unearth as many buried objects as possible because I needed those seeds.  Now buried objects don't even register on my radar while I'm playing the game.

My proposal is this: change plants so that they no longer drop seeds.  Let us unearth buried objects if we need more seeds.  If that proves to be an unsatisfactory method of obtaining seeds then add a building (the unused Seed Splicer could work) that will destroy a seed to create two to replace it.

An alternate proposal: if the above proposal isn't something you want to do, at least allow hatches to consume seeds.

stifled plant should have cooldown time, doesnt like they keep on and off split second

And recovery from stifled should have cooldown timer too .

Every stifled occur on plant reducing chance the seed drop, the longer they stifled no more seed drop until next new bloom cycle

Now default is 33% chance, should change it for every type plant accordingly

Example, Mealwood 15% ,bristle 5% mushroom 10%, natural spawn should not drop seed only domestic does

The plant cant die , So stifled mechanism could go for reducing seed chance drop till 0%

Old day Agriculture update is good and bad in same time, i hope klei will find the balance

On 9/22/2017 at 2:52 PM, Kasuha said:

I don't think it's wrong that plants drop seeds. They just lack purpose when you got all the plants you need. So maybe just add a machine that will turn seeds to something useful as well. Perhaps into oil...?

I know you probably meant petroleum, but it would be interesting if it was a different type of oil. Then you could use the oil for cooking, or maybe for soap!

On 2017-09-22 at 7:25 PM, goboking said:

An alternate proposal: if the above proposal isn't something you want to do, at least allow hatches to consume seeds.

I both like and dislike this. Feeding hatches seeds would be fitting way to dispose of excess seeds in late game. However in the early game just imagine the headache seeing hatches eating those un-swept seeds that you'll soon need to get the base going. 

The seed mechanic for plants is pretty bad and adding secondary uses could easily make it much worse. For example, running out of seeds because you set the seed oil press on repeat.

The best seed system I've seen was in "Banished" - you acquire expensive seeds and then you can plant things forever, only worrying about keeping plants alive.

Archived