Progressively rewarding dupe printing as incentive to generate large colonies

(forgive the formatting, I'm posting from my phone)

As the title describes, I feel there should be an incentive for taking on additional dupes.

Consider:

With each subsequent dupe that is printed, an invisible score will be kept (say 1 point per dupe).

After reaching a threshold, the following dupes will recieve benefits. Each teir will be additive.

An example:

- At 5 points

Each printed dupe will recieve an additional +15% experience for 2 cycles.

- At 10 points

New dupes will be given +5 skill points, randomly distributed. All previous bonuses apply

- At 20 points

New dupes will recieve either one additional perk, or have the negative trait removed. All previous bonuses apply

- At 30 points

New dupes will be granted a special aura, which will only benefit nearby dupes (+25% run/dig/build/hold breath) or (-25%  air consumption/bladder generation/stress per cycle) etc... All previous bonuses apply

Also, in order to avoid cheesing to the large rewards, every death will cost something like -5 points. This is to prevent people spawning and murdering for free points.

Just a thought I wanted to share!

I like the idea, but for point 20 are you suggesting dupes only ever have 1 positive 1 negative until then? 

The other thing is players get a benefit already, more dupes = more hands to do things, if you have 32 dupes you could literally have 1200W on 3 hamster wheels and you wouldnt even sneeze at the loss of those 3 dupes forever running.

The big problem is the game struggles for most people when you get to 20 dupes. So giving people who have a better PC a reward because they can run the game at higher dupe colonies is kinda unfair at the moment. But if they optimise it so more players can run bigger colonies then I think its fair.

Dupe keep coming at steady rate, i keep killing weak immunity dupe, since i can get a new one

Love the idea  about invisible score.

My suggestion i think multiply timer every dupe we print, first extra dupe is 4 cycles, second extra dupe is 8 cycles, next so on. add invisble score how we treat dupe , more score more faster new dupe coming

Now i dont really care which dupe is dead or starving since we cant really lose the game. We need incentive to keep dupe alive and bond character with player, maybe extra hats if they reach certain number skill. Ex: chef hat for lvl 25 cooking, builder helm ect. And adding selective perks when dupe reach it .

If we have  this virtual limiter, i think no one complain bout having low spec computer. As long optimization progress klei can balance the numbers of dupe we logically have. Most people playin now, keep canceling printing new dupe when we reach stable food/space bed/oxygen production. In terms of gameplay twist we should seek more man power, like we searching geyser, not rejecting them

Sorry about the rant :)

Maybe it should also come with an incentive to keep them alive?

Actually, I think the game should come with an incentive to print less dupes. Every new duplicant should need some resources passed to the print, and the more duplicants your colony has, the more resources it should need.

Archived