please revert the selection/deselection sound effects

The new beeping sound effects when left-clicking to select and especially right-clicking to deselect is driving me crazy.  I hereby humbly request that you either give us the option for us to choose the new or old sound effects in the Options menu or, barring that, revert back to the old sound effects.

I have to second this, It feels like I am calling someone using an old phone or my computer is giving me an older error message.

Another solution would be to allow us to turn it off, because it is a horrible noise especially when I am clicking on lots of things one after the other.

7 hours ago, BlueLance said:

It feels like I am calling someone using an old phone or my computer is giving me an older error message.

When I first heard it I thought the battery in my smoke detector was dying.  It took me a few minutes to figure out that the beep was coming from my speakers.

I don't exactly dislike the new selection sounds, they just sound ... inconsistent.

Tile of ambient element and nothing else has an echo, no other tile has one. And when clicking on a tile containing multiple things, the sound differs based on the index in the list of the N things in the tile, but does not actually tell me what thing I have clicked on. Providing a sound matching nature of the selected object (ambient element, material drop, tile, building, gas pipe, liquid pipe, wire, ...) would be much more useful as it would allow me to select what I'm looking for without reading the tooltip or the description window, just using my ears.

Archived