[Updated] Oil Upgrade Preview Now Available!

>Animal traps
>High pressure vents
>Heavi-watt tiles

This update fixes all the problems I'm having in my current base lol. No more killing shine bugs that beeline for my mushroom colonies!

Also, can't wait to start a Duplicant hierarchy. Give the starting few super nice rooms and everyone else gets to live in the poor district. Take that, newer Dupes! xD

4 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

This could be used to close geysers

I think the well cap will be for Oil specifically, but it would be interesting if you could use it to cap a geyser, especially if it can be used like a valve to let gas through when needed. 

I think the sink will just be there to hold water? I think like instead of using a vent/stepped tiles but more controlled volumes of water? Or it could be an extension to cooking! 

Also congrats on the amount of stuff guessed right!

Ah, I was expecting a specific upgrade towards advanced materials. Well Klei, this is much better than that. Looks like a good mix of new avenues being opened up as well as further deepening of existing concepts.

I assume I can run this from an existing save game? I know this will make me miss out on the oil biome, but given we are dealing with a preview, I think using the debug mode to paint some things is morally fine.

7 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

I assume I can run this from an existing save game? I know this will make me miss out on the oil biome, but given we are dealing with a preview, I think using the debug mode to paint some things is morally fine.

No, you'll burn in hell for that and you know it

13 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

That's you assuming that spawning some things in will work as intended Haha. But yes you can run it from an existing save file, but if you do you will not be able to revert it meaning if you leave the experimental branch your save will most likely be corrupt.

2 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

That's you assuming that spawning some things in will work as intended Haha. But yes you can run it from an existing save file, but if you do you will not be able to revert it meaning if you leave the experimental branch your save will most likely be corrupt.

I'll just make a copy of said save file before updating. Don't worry, I did read the first post and merely loading the save file will be enough to lock it in the OilU. Just loading the game (before updating) and saving under a different name should do the trick.

3 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

I'm gonna assume that this needs reed fiber.

It could possibly use synthetic fibres from the plastic blocks? similar to how Fleece throws are made from recyled glass but are suuuuuper soft and omw i found a folded one in a shop and put my hand in it and it felt like i was rubbing a cats tummy, so soft and warm

If it uses reed fibers I assume it must give a decent benefit since they are non renewable? unless they are and I never noticed.

5 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

It could possibly use synthetic fibres from the plastic blocks? similar to how Fleece throws are made from recyled glass but are suuuuuper soft and omw i found a folded one in a shop and put my hand in it and it felt like i was rubbing a cats tummy, so soft and warm

If it uses reed fibers I assume it must give a decent benefit since they are non renewable? unless they are and I never noticed.

If I am correct, the outbreak update made all the plants, with the exception of 2, the same: plants will continually regrow after harvest, no need for planting new seeds, and each plant has 33% chance to drop a new seed on harvest. So reed fiber is renewable and expandable. Also, it has a rediculous grow rate from 0 to 100% in 2 cycles.

1 hour ago, daedelusikarius said:

is it possible to enable the oil update branch on my MAC client without affecting the client on my PC. if the PC is affected how do i Play regular Outbreak release games

If it is playing on steam then I am not sure, You can change which release you are playing but as long as you do not open a save that you want to play on the old patch then you should be able to play it on the stable branch

Remember, it's called " oil_upgrade_preview" in your library>ONI>properties>betas. If that's not showing, do not pick anything else. Quit and relaunch Steam from time to time to refresh it.

Archived