Ideas for Characters (because Klei clearly doesn't have any)

I kid, I kid...How's everyone enjoying that Winona character tho XD.

Anyway, I'm bored, so here's some characters

Two-Headed

So sticking with the Gothic nature of the game and also the circus characters, I was thinking of something like Bette and Dot Tattler from America Horror Story. So a character with two heads, has two brains, but has one heart and stomach like other players.

The downside, is that the character has two sanity bars to deal with, one corresponding to each head. If one head goes crazy, even if the other isn't, they will get attacked by sanity monsters regardless. Each head can wear a hat, so if you want both of them to have good sanity, then you will have to have two hats; one for each head.

However, the major upside is that each head can wear a different hat. So for fighting in difficult seasons, this is really useful. You can wear armour on one head, while wearing cold, heat, rain or sanity protection on the other. So for example, when fighting in Summer, you no longer have to worry about overheating, as you can have a Football Helmet on one head and an Eyebrella on the other one.

And if you are a skilled player, and temperature and sanity aren't ever an issue, you can forget all about that, and just wear two Football Helmets, one on each head, and double your protection points. 

Also, maybe each head is voiced by a different instrument. 

Nightvision/Can't survive Daylight Character (maybe Wortox)

So this a character who would mostly be used for caves (and would spawn there), but a skilled player could manage to survive in the surface by using an Eyebrella or an Umbrella. I don't want to make him a vampire, because that's lame as hell, but mechanically it would be like a vampire. He sees and walks through the darkness without any harm, while sunlight kills him instantly (or maybe looses health rapidly).

I like the idea that if you are fighting this guy in the caves, staying in those sunlight spots  would make you untouchable (it be essentially like the episode of Doctor Who, the one in the library), and I like that when you are at your fire pits at night, he can pop out of the darkness and surprise attack you. Like literally, he could be watching you from the darkness...To me that's really cool. 

Moleman

First off, he'll be freaking adorable (he'd look like a little human version of a Moleworm) and his ability would be to jump and dig (move) underground, immune from attacks (except for Charlie) just like a moleworm. Mining gives him a sanity boosts, as well as being in the caves. Also, moving about by digging would make him faster than other characters.

I haven't though of any downsides yet...Maybe limited visibility at day? Because he is a mole, but that sounds more frustrating than fun, but maybe if he wears Fashion Goggles he can see better.

Synergy would be good for this character. He can transport resources quickly and easily to players, and being ever to outrun characters by digging after them, would make him a useful PVP companion. 

Anyway, I had some other ideas, but they aren't that well formed. So that's all.

i think we need a character who is a valkyrie and is very opppppppppppppppp

oh and make her be able to craft her own weapons and helmet because norse people know more than not norse people

oh and make her do more damage because girl powerrrrr

oh and make her say Ö instead of O because we need that

oh and make her voice very annoying because yes

oh and make it so that she can only eat meat because we all know women love meat if you are a woman please don't take this seriousssly  iwas only joking please don't sue me

oh and make it so that she regenerates health and sanity when shes fighting because no

oh and remove wolfgang because wigfrid will totally replace wolfgang and defiantly won't play a different role than him 

in fact you should remove every character and replace them with wigfrid with different colors

maybe a black wigfrid with blue hair and sparkles

i think if we add this character she will be very oppppppppppppppppppp and good for new players so thats ok

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in all honesty tho these characters are ok

two headed sounds really good but its downside seems kind of irrelevant since sanity is quite easy to manage if you know what you're doing

night vision is ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the problem with him is that he's basically what you don't want him to be: a vampire. takes damage in sunlight and other stuff. also spawns in cave? does that mean you can't use him if you don't have caves added?

moleman just sounds like woodie's long lost brother rockie

5 hours ago, GMDApple said:

oh and remove wolfgang because wigfrid will totally replace wolfgang and defiantly won't play a different role than him 

Nice joke.

On 21/9/2017 at 2:37 AM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Also, moving about by digging would make him faster than other characters.

That's a bit weird, digging would make you slower than just walking and since it already has an advantage (being immune to attack) I don't think it needs the extra speed. As for a downside why not something similar to Woodlegs? When he is above ground he lose sanity (and he could also lose less sanity in Caves as a result).

7 hours ago, GMDApple said:

two headed sounds really good but its downside seems kind of irrelevant since sanity is quite easy to manage if you know what you're doing

Mhh, I was thinking maybe each brain has different amount of sanity points. Like one has  a 120 and the other 100. So the difficulty comes with syncing both heads. 

7 hours ago, GMDApple said:

also spawns in cave? does that mean you can't use him if you don't have caves added?

Ah...Good point. 

1 hour ago, Kuirem said:

That's a bit weird, digging would make you slower than just walking and since it already has an advantage (being immune to attack) I don't think it needs the extra speed. 

I thought moleworms were faster than the player, are they? That's the only reason why I felt the character should be.

On 9/22/2017 at 2:23 AM, GMDApple said:

moleman just sounds like woodie's long lost brother rockie

This made me chuckle!

On the serious side the two headed one while a good concept seems a bit out of place even for don't starve. Not to mention you would have to do an entire inventory design shift (for a second head slot, which slot would be targeted for head items first, and a coding in a character having two sanity bars along with all the complex stuff of how sanity restoration/loss effects each one)

The night vision one also seems interesting however being scared of the dark is something that Klei seems to want to keep in this game (yes Winona is a thing but she only takes one hit which is what 3 extra seconds on average?) While I see how it would make you feel more afraid of daylight and it would probably be fun it just seems awkward if you ask me.

Moleman is your best idea if you ask me. A character that can make rocks more renewable and specializes in mining is a great idea (not to mention some hilarious relations and dialogue with Woodie would make my day!) While I'm sure it would need work if you ask me it's the best concept you have and looks to me like the most fun!

To sum it up the concepts are great but need expanding on and maybe even making them a bit less complex would help. I think some of these just don't fit the game as good as others but all in all they're some great ideas and Moleman is something I wouldn't complain about seeing in this game (a clever W name would seal the deal for me ) 

1 hour ago, Mr Pig said:

On the serious side the two headed one while a good concept seems a bit out of place even for don't starve.

Do you think it's too freaky? 

1 hour ago, Mr Pig said:

Moleman is your best idea if you ask me. A character that can make rocks more renewable 

I didn't consider this, but yes, I like that idea.

1 hour ago, Mr Pig said:

(a clever W name would seal the deal for me ) 

The sister's could be called Whitley and Whitney

The moleman...Wally or Waldo?

Maybe he could even start off with a Mining Hat and a pair of Fashion Goggles. 

Image result for fictional mole characters

I keep thinking that We Will have a new character in Hamlet and Maybe it would be a pigman character but the full moon could destroy the concept even from the get go.

The king Pig doesn't transform when is full moon maybe this new character could not be affected by the moon so that should be fine for some person who doesn't want to transform in a werepig...

The two-headed character seems to be the only decent idea of the three.The problem is that it would create the Wolfgang-Wigfrid issue again; Wendy and Abigail are sisters and provide the gothic sister concept for the game. If say, two-headed sister character is introduced, then there would be the issue of the same kind of character in concept being done in a different style.

The original 9 characters of DS are honestly the most excellently done characters for the game. RoG certainly had a lot of upsides, but I realize that characters weren't one of them. And now that standards and expectations have been lowered as well as shifted, we're getting **** that was never meant to be in the games to begin with. So sad seeing a survival-adventure horror game turn into a club penguin mega-base building, noob-hating, grind-hefty mess. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that's going to change. But to not finish off doom and gloom, have a look at this:

To be honest I don't really like the 2 headed character idea. As it stands, the characters are pretty likeable and normal (aside from maxwell) and I don't think that should change. The miner guy could totally be a likeable character though! Maybe he could have a special pick axe kind of like lucy.

Archived