Hype for hamlet?

Some speculation (and an obligatory expression of hype):

Then the pig idol, dropped by Wilson, is flung into air, you can see the jungle(?) turf change into deciduous one. The shot with that dandy-pigman-face-reveal also shows deciduous trees. It makes me think that civilized pig village might replace the old pig village set piece.

Also, notice two types of currency used in that pig shop? Gold coins and something what looks like crackers? The later seems to be more valuable one.

17 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Well...It's more to do with the fact that I WANT TO PLAY DS SINGLEPLAYER

But what's the point when half the content is missing...

Then logically, shouldnt you be supporting a dlc(update) to DS single player?

53 minutes ago, Alaszune said:

He has a point, ANR should be in DS, it is dumb it isn't.

Klei isn't going to do a free dlc for DS so no, its not dumb that A New Reign update is not available for DS. There have been many people asking for the ANR including myself and im pretty sure thats not how we addressed Klei. He brings nothing new to the conversation.

Not only that, he wants an update to DS(which gets announced) only to start a thread how he doesn't want the update.

Just now, grekon said:

Klei isn't going to do a free dlc for DS so no, its not dumb that A New Reign update is not available for DS. There have been many people asking for the ANR including myself and im pretty sure thats not how we addressed Klei. He brings nothing new to the conversation.

Not only that, he wants an update to DS(which gets announced) only to start a thread how he doesn't want the update.

Who ever said it should be free?

Let me just remind the consensus of the time:

1. DS vanilla=Maxwell's reign(Before Charlie)
  2. DST New Reign=Charlie's Reign

Charlie is the sequel so that you get more decorative things in the sequel while Maxwell isn't as accommodating in the original.

So it's rather nice Klei kept silent about both updates for the last few months. I'm hyped for Forge and Hamlet and can't wait to see what both say about each ruler.

On 02/10/2017 at 7:45 PM, grekon said:

I mean with this logic, why was Reign of Giants added free to DST?

And yeah, who said it should be free?

Plus, it's less of a DLC and more a quality of life update. I mean imagine if in Minecraft, you could only use horses and potions in multiplayer. It's just absurd. No other game does this and the fact that this community not only puts up with, but defends it, is ridiculous. 

On 02/10/2017 at 7:45 PM, grekon said:

On 02/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, grekon said:

Then logically, shouldnt you be supporting a dlc(update) to DS single player?

It just seems illogical to me to give DLC to game that's not up to date, and not offer the same DLC to the game that is.

My problem is that I don't like having two different worlds, one in DST and one in DS (that breaks the lore more than anything btw). When you start a new world, you want to be able to access everything available...It's just incredibly daunting to me when I start a new world in DS and I think "Oh wait...I can't fight Klaus and I can't ride a beefalo and I can't explore the Atrium and I can't make fences, and I can't and I can't". So I think "well what's the point?" and I just start a closed server in DST and play by myself, but now this ruins that entirely and I don't know what to do.

Does that make sense? I always feel like people never really understand what I'm trying to say. I'm not bothered about Hamlet not being multiplayer, I just want everything to be in one game, so I can access it all in the same world. 

On 02/10/2017 at 8:49 PM, minespatch said:

Charlie is the sequel

If it's the sequel, then it should be getting the updates.

On 02/10/2017 at 8:49 PM, minespatch said:

so that you get more decorative things in the sequel while Maxwell isn't as accommodating in the original.

Sorry, but this is just wrong. It's far from just decorative. How is Klaus decorative? Or Toadstool, Bee Queen, Beefalo riding, new mobs, etc. 

This is ********, sorry. 

2 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I mean with this logic, why was Reign of Giants added free to DST?

And yeah, who said it should be free?

Plus, it's less of a DLC and more a quality of life update. I mean imagine if in Minecraft, you could only use horses and potions in multiplayer. It's just absurd. No other game does this and the fact that this community not only puts up with, but defends it, is ridiculous. 

Different business models:

DST - multiplayer pay for the game access once, earn more money through vanity items

DS - single player game, pay for the game once to play. paid dlcs

Thats the way klei has done it. No point in arguing about it. Since Klei is getting money through cosmetics, and they dont maintain big servers so the upkeep costs are low. Any additional gameplay update indirectly gives them money through cosmetics I assume.

More importantly, you chose to pay for DS, played it and thats the end of the deal. Klei has no obligation to add more to the game just because you want or because their multiplayer version of the game has some additional perks. If you want more additions to DS you can voice that in the forums in a respectful manner or receive the response you just received. I already said it, you bring nothing new to the conversation.

3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

My problem is that I don't like having two different worlds, one in DST and one in DS (that breaks the lore more than anything btw). When you start a new world, you want to be able to access everything available...It's just incredibly daunting to me when I start a new world in DS and I think "Oh wait...I can't fight Klaus and I can't ride a beefalo and I can't explore the Atrium and I can't make fences, and I can't and I can't". So I think "well what's the point?" and I just start a closed server in DST and play by myself, but now this ruins that entirely and I don't know what to do.

in a way I agree. However we simply choose differently. I don't play DST and play DS solo only, while you play DST and not DS.(you chose the wrong side, young one :P) 

Content wise, there isn't much content difference. If you look at the loot the bosses drop there isnt much that isnt already in DS or would be redundant in DS. So to me RoG + SW + Caves (with no technical difficulties) is more than DST if played solo. I recommend playing DS mainly, and then if you have friends or if you feel like playing with people go play DST(after all that's what it is for)

3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Does that make sense? I always feel like people never really understand what I'm trying to say. I'm not bothered about Hamlet not being multiplayer, I just want everything to be in one game, so I can access it all in the same world. 

It does. Why people don't understand you? Well, read this post and your OP in some other thread. If you can understand both in the same way then I guess the whole forums is retarded? Otherwise its because you do not explain yourself clearly. 

paragraph should start with a clear argument supported by a concise example. That's how you state your case. No poetry, no "between the lines meaning", no rage, no capslocking.

9 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

How is Klaus decorative?

Charlie didn't make him. Either Maxwell or another character that we're not aware of did. So that's probably a plothole that will be filled in the future.

The other giants added are for team warfare, while Maxwell's giants were more of a fight for the singular player.

That is like asking for The Sim 1 to have all and every content from The Sim 2~4 and their related expansions.

Klei has decided to treat DST and DS two different game. Over time there can only be more and more difference between the two games. I am more concern about how DS/DST each on their own performs in general. 

Am I hype for hamlet? Not as much as when SW was announced. Mostly because of how SW perform as a DLC in general.

I feel that SW could have turned out way better than it had. Partly because the glitches introduced to ROG since SW's release, partly because the SW/ROG merge was handled so poorly. Like why the hell am I not allowed to build an obsidian fire pit in my ROG base?  And why is it not allowed to craft a dapper vest in SW? I have been to the ROG world and I can craft it over there, I can bring a dapper vest form DS to SW so its not a compatibility issue. So how is it suddenly not possible for me to craft another one in SW? If it is an issue about the building tab getting longer and longer, I suggest a small button that allow you to swap between the SW/ROG building menu. Overall the SW experience for me is a disappointment.

So hopefully Klei will take a different approach in how to make a DLC. If at all possible please do not create another totally unrelated world and call it a DLC. 

I actually think it would be pretty awesome if this expansion was a little bit like a farm/city sim. The mechanics are all already there mostly. I love Dont Starve and its survival mechanic, and it has never ceased to amaze me. In fact its one of the very, VERY few games Ive come back to time in time again in the 4 years Ive been playing it. Based on the screenshots I dont see how it could be the typical DS survival we know and love but then again Klei has worked magic before when they finally released DS: Together. But I really do hope this is a farm/city sim because not only would it be a bit fun to have a DS spinoff but I would love to have Wilson raise his own crops, and have his own beefalo herd and eventually over through the Pig Mayor.

47 minutes ago, Izzy248 said:

But I really do hope this is a farm/city sim because not only would it be a bit fun to have a DS spinoff but I would love to have Wilson raise his own crops, and have his own beefalo herd and eventually overthrow the Pig Mayor.

Uh... It'd be interesting if you could do that but if I played, I wouldn't. The trailer showed him but his actions didn't scream evil or anything.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:34 PM, minespatch said:

The trailer showed him but his actions didn't scream evil or anything.

Well to be fair I wouldn't say that stealing a dying man's treasure would be considered good either. Seems more morally grey then anything. So without knowing more about him we won't know if he's "good" or "evil".

i don't see why everyone is getting "hyped" for a play that came out like 500 years ago, i'm pretty sure it's actually a mandatory reading in highschool? but knowing THESE forums... you are all uneducated and unculutred children anyways lmao... 

12 hours ago, Ressayez said:

i don't see why everyone is getting "hyped" for a play that came out like 500 years ago, i'm pretty sure it's actually a mandatory reading in highschool? but knowing THESE forums... you are all uneducated and unculutred children anyways lmao... 

Who'll be Yorick? The pig head on a spike or the the treasure Wilson had?

18 hours ago, Ressayez said:

How dare you imply we went to school. idk about anyone else but i was raised by a pack of wild foxes out in the English countryside. Thank you very much.

Archived