Meat Effigies re-design

Hey, hello.

Right now the meat effigy takes the form of Wilson. My suggestion is to give them a more generic look when they are not linked to a player, and when they are linked to player give them the look of the character they are playing with.

Gameplay wise it would make easier to know if a meat effigy is tuned to a player or not in endless or survival (in wilderness too, but since that is PvP I imagine most people don't make effigies there). Not that this is a common problem at all, since each player will more than likely craft their own effigies, and more than likely no more than 1 per person. This suggestion is mainly cosmetic, but I believe it would be a nice addition little addition.

Of course, an issue with this suggestion (aside from making more art assets and coding) would be the quote of 3 characters: WX-78 ("WHO IS THAT?"), Webber ("Who is that supposed to be?"), and the recently added Winona ("Looks just like that egghead! Ha").

So, what do you think?

On 19.09.2017 at 2:47 PM, pedregales said:

Hey, hello.

Right now the meat effigy takes the form of Wilson. My suggestion is to give them a more generic look when they are not linked to a player, and when they are linked to player give them the look of the character they are playing with.

Gameplay wise it would make easier to know if a meat effigy is tuned to a player or not in endless or survival (in wilderness too, but since that is PvP I imagine most people don't make effigies there). Not that this is a common problem at all, since each player will more than likely craft their own effigies, and more than likely no more than 1 per person. This suggestion is mainly cosmetic, but I believe it would be a nice addition little addition.

Of course, an issue with this suggestion (aside from making more art assets and coding) would be the quote of 3 characters: WX-78 ("WHO IS THAT?"), Webber ("Who is that supposed to be?"), and the recently added Winona ("Looks just like that egghead! Ha").

So, what do you think?

It's not only cosmetic feature, It can show other players to whom effigy belongs, so yes, it should be a thing

On 9/21/2017 at 3:23 AM, minespatch said:

I've seen concept fanart from other players on alternatie effigy design. I'd be for this as well.

Show meeeee!

But how would this feature work? Anyone can attune to an effigy and multiple people can attune to the same one, and if, say, two people that have a different character attune to one, what then?

6 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Show meeeee!

But how would this feature work? Anyone can attune to an effigy and multiple people can attune to the same one, and if, say, two people that have a different character attune to one, what then?

There could be a "blank" effigy, for when nobody attuned to it, and a "generic" effigy, for when more than one person attuned to it.

9 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Show meeeee!

On 11/7/2016 at 12:27 PM, Pyr0mrcow said:

I've been hella busy so this took way longer than it should have like really if I had even a couple days free it would've been done then but

Did a mockup of how most of those character-specific meat effigies would look in-game. Mainly the heads; for the most part, the rest is composed of parts from Wilson's effigy.
If this were actually implemented in a mod or something, I'd want to fix Willow's hair and that medium body template I hacked together from the normal-sized one. The skirt could use some improvement, too.
I could also narrow down the number of unique parts a bit and still keep the same feeling.

Lineup.png

On 10/2/2016 at 9:09 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Meat Effigy concepts for everyone most characters, done on request of @Rily!

meat_effigy_concepts_by_tearsofchickenso

I think I figured out some better brushes for lineart. I'm pretty happy with most of them, though I started to get pretty tired near the end.

meat_effigies_by_lolface1-d64qeaz.png@Willette

Hope this helps.:wilson_smile:

18 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Show meeeee!

Exactly what ZorrerTheZmith said: if the effigy is not attuned to anyone it has no characteristics at all, it would be a "blank" effigy (no face, and no hair; just a log for head); if somebody attunes to it the effigy takes the form of the character that linked to it, if more than one person attunes to the effigy, independently if the characters are the same or not, it will take a "general" look (which would be the same as the "blank" effigy, but with a face). The general design would also be the default for mod characters, but if the mod designer could also design their own.

@minespatch Yep, I had seen some of them. That was more or less what sparked the idea, that and Woodie's quote when I was looking the meat effigies page on the DS wiki: "I look good in wood". But as I was redacting it I also saw the quotes of those other characters xD.

Archived