NGG stuttering and fix that seems overkill

So, a little google fu found me this:

I appear to be having the same problem, so I'm wondering if it was a similar issue, or if it's a different concern.  Figured I'd not necro up the original and just link it.

So I have a full NG Pipe, plenty of volume in the CO2 output pipe on a T Junction, and am seeing my left most NGG stutter on and off continuously.  I'm also out of juice in the batteries (and coal, for that matter, rectified shortly) so there's a definite need for draw.  The second NGG doesn't stutter, which I'd expect if it was a feed concern from the NG pipe.

cOdm61s.jpg

Main view and power in the spoiler below:

FmZpCbj.jpg

UqbAQtd.jpg

However, after tinkering with the pipes a bit, this fixed it, even though I've seen other reactor setups be 3 wide with almost the same original layout.  I believe it was because of the input for the Natural Gas, even though there was plenty still in the reactor at the time it was idle (which is really confusing to me).

QOAh4NK.jpg

EDIT: I'm also apparently a clutz with spoiler tags, and can't seem to get the stuff in the spoiler that's not supposed to be in there OUT.  My fix is stuck in there and I can't seem to select it to delete it and repaste it outside.  How very weird.

58 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

I believe it was because of the input for the Natural Gas

Most likely it was because of the output. Although T-junctions now do merge packets, they don't do it very reliably. And if there's some leftover gas in the pipe under the generator's output, it thinks the pipe is blocked and will switch off.

7 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Using a slightly longer pipe at the output will help at least limit the back-up. but I think it will eventually back up if the problem persists.

Runs like a top now.  The T-Junction output was apparently what was causing all the silliness.  I don't know why.

Archived