Stress reduction....

In a vain attempt to reduce stress on my dupes prior to building decor and/or the massage machine(s), I had the idea to reduce the number of jobs that any one dupe will do to one or two (for example massage and power generation -- power generation is self explanatory I hope as power is required 100% of the time and massage, well, I had hoped that having this selected would let my guys and gals actually use the massage table).

This seemed to be a fairly good idea until the power producing dupes stress didn't go down. Fair enough running on a gerbil wheel for 8 hours a day is very boring (in real life) and probably quite stressful for the dupe concerned, but I can't help wondering if this is a bug or actually a programmed part of the game.

Oh.. and this is my 2nd post on the forum, so "Hello" from me to all of you guys!

HELLO! I think part of the issue is IIRC the wheels have a negative decor value, chances are this coupled with if you have slightly poor oxygen in the air, the stress will add up.

Lots of oxygen, No Mess on the floors, Tiles made of granite, If you can do these three you will probably get a fair amount of time before they need to jump on a massage table if you are going to go without decor.

Archived