Polluted

RyanandLink

25 minutes ago, Dorozco said:

"My name is Jeff..."

His name is Jeff.

(wait what woah where'd you come from IM CONFUSEAHHHHH)

The guard stared at Durham with a slightly confused look. "Ehh... sure." He gave his collegue a look and whispered something to him- "Royal, eh. Someone's oughta buy that." He cleared his throat once more and told him "Right, ye can pass through. Next!" 

The axed man was next in line. He walked up to the counter and followed it up with a short conversation between him and the guards. The words "just in time" and "business" could be heard from them, after which he was let in. Then it was Twent and Ker who were next in line. "Name, age and race please." they asked them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Aye, what ye are. I take it you're a human like the rest a' us, though." He writes it down and lets him in. "Yer through, old man."

"Now you, with the tongue." The guard says and looks at the little lizard. "I picked up yer name was 'Ker', but I'll still need the rest o' the info."

(Woops, forgot to check this last night ^^; )

Ria looked towards the front of the line and noticed an interesting array of characters. A talking lizard, an anthro beetle and ofcourse the usual few humans.

Then Ria noticed someone behind her. He looked like a kind of knight just a little taller than her.

Don't knights kill dragons? she thought worryingly. Even though her human appearance would most likely prevent her from being hunted.

Nicholas noticed the woman's discomfort. Perhaps something about his appearance was worrying her? He decided it would be best to address her fears directly.

"Do not worry, milady. It is my duty to protect you, should you ever come into harm's way." He gave a quick bow.

He supposed now that he had her attention, he could probably ask her about the strange influx of people. The line had been moving fairly quickly before, but due to some confusion with a lizard person at the front of the line, the rate of entry had slowed down considerably. Either way, it didn't seem like either of them would be going inside for at least a little while longer. No harm in passing the time with some conversation, then.

"Would you, by any chance, know why this tavern is so popular all of a sudden? I've been through this town before, but never have I seen this many people trying to enter."

• Like 1

Durham walked around the markets, now realizing he had no idea where the actual sandwich deal was going on. Looking among the various stalls, scanning for anything that might be a good mid-sandwich-search-snack, or anything that might come useful in later travels. He nibbled on the small amount of coins he'd managed to collect to test if they were still real. Honestly though, he just liked nibbling on them. 

"Ahh, I would never attack a fine damsel such as yourself. Dragon or no." He scratched the back of his head, then continued. "So, you've no idea either? Strange. Perhaps we'll learn once we make it through."

"Oh, where are my manners! I've completely forgotten to introduce myself. I am Nicholas, squire to Sir Benedict. Pray tell, what can I call you in return?"

(So Ker's scared of dragons? Oh boy -u-; )

Ria couldn't help but blush at Nicholas's first comment. She also scratched the back of her head, nervously.

Then she heard someone scream which snapped her back to reality. "What in the world?" She looked in the direction of the scream but didn't see anything. Then looked back at Nicholas. "Oh... my name? Just call me Ria" she said with a friendly smile "Nice to meet you, Nicholas"

Not in the conversation with Ria and Nicholas, Twent was hurrying after Ker like a parent. His age was catching up to him, huffing with stressed out energy. Twent's only arm outstretched helplessly in his search. Eventually he saw the top of the wall and glanced up. "You alright there?"

"...Uhm, likewise." Nicholas' focus was currently elsewhere; specifically, he was staring at the lizard person, who had somehow gotten up the top of the wall after screaming something about dragons.  He squinted his eyes. What in God's name was it even doing up there?

Ker started to get bored and wall and decided to eat a few of the bugs crawling on it. Then he saw that the dragon-thing was looking at him... Wait, why wasn't it a big lizard? And how did he not notice this before? He started crawling back down the wall slowly, staring at Ria.