On 9/18/2017 at 6:04 PM, Toast1070 said:

Good theory, maybe the events could tie in to the lore of the characters. Hopefully they will, as it would be great to learn more about characters like Wolfgang or WX-78.

wolfgang and wes already have some sort of relationship to the story  we have some word saying that they were a group in a circus poster. as one of the papers on williams desk  with the jack carter message  shows a poster speaking about a circus in town featuring a mime and the strongman.

I forget if this is true or not but the reason maxwell also hates mimes in which why he entraps wes in adventure mode  was cause he met up with a mime on the streets when he went over to california.  now im not entirely sure about the part in bold but wolf and wes have been set.  And, as for wx he is supposed to be related to the company voxolia or something  the people who make the radios you see in the first trailer and through most of the games and as well as the divining rod.

33 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

wolfgang and wes already have some sort of relationship to the story  we have some word saying that they were a group in a circus poster. as one of the papers on williams desk  with the jack carter message  shows a poster speaking about a circus in town featuring a mime and the strongman.

I used to think it was Wes too, but I'm pretty sure that's a wimpy wolfgang. The shirt stripes are red & white, not red and black. Hard to say overall.

4.thumb.jpg.8e3842013d8be8ba4df3ab606262b5b8.jpg

Plus given it's an ad for the Strongman it'd make sense to show of the point of the ad. 

27 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I used to think it was Wes too, but I'm pretty sure that's a wimpy wolfgang. The shirt stripes are red & white, not red and black. Hard to say overall.

Plus given it's an ad for the Strongman it'd make sense to show of the point of the ad. 

It could be but this information was given before strange new powers which implemented the whole wimpy standard and mighty wolfgang which is why we first initiated the top man being wes

6 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

It could be but this information was given before strange new powers which implemented the whole wimpy standard and mighty wolfgang which is why we first initiated the top man being wes

I'm aware.

~~~~~~~

Regardless, one idea that could be interesting is if Wolfgang was a failed Strongman. The poster doesn't show them doing anything remarkably related to strength. It's more nimbleness really. If his normal form was his wimpy form then Maxwell could have enticed him with true strength. I don't have evidence or anything, but it was just an interesting thought that came to me.

1 hour ago, EsaiXD said:

I forget if this is true or not but the reason maxwell also hates mimes in which why he entraps wes in adventure mode  was cause he met up with a mime on the streets when he went over to california.  now im not entirely sure about the part in bold but wolf and wes have been set.  And, as for wx he is supposed to be related to the company voxolia or something  the people who make the radios you see in the first trailer and through most of the games and as well as the divining rod.

Good point. I would like some clarity about the characters origins though, they're ambiguous and most of our knowledge comes from speculation. I mean, we still don't know much about the Ancients or even what Charlie's goal is. I'm hyped to see what Klei has in store for us.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:57 PM, Zeklo said:

4.thumb.jpg.8e3842013d8be8ba4df3ab606262b5b8.jpg

Can we talk about how the monkeys on the poster look very similar to the splumonkeys? Or maybe that is just the way the artist draws monkeys.

Edit: Maxwell worked at the same circus as Wes and Wolfgang?

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

For what we know so far. Maxwell had the poster in his secret office, so that's what we're ssuming.

I dunno. It was a passenger train colliding with a circus train. I find it more convincing that he was aboard the passenger train. It would contribute to the origins of Wolfgang, as Maxwell could hold a grudge against the circus, but aim it towards one particular person.

I'm probably stepping into a minefield here, but here's my take on this, for what it's worth.  Remember--all of the following is my OPINION, not a stated fact:

--Maxwell is indeed British and Wendy and Abigail are PROBABLY his nieces.  This is not only backed up by things Wendy says as description text but also stuff like how she and Maxwell both have an affinity for magic and how some of their quotes sound kind of alike.  (Which is not genetic, but hey--this is not exactly a realistic world).  My favourite examples being the things they say when they're hungry, when it's turning dusk and when hounds are coming.

--Wilson is American, but possibly has one of the more "posh" East-Coast style accents.

--Woodie is Canadian, obviously

--Winona MIGHT be, or might not.

--Lucy was probably a real person at some point, whether she's related to anyone else is anyone's guess.  I kind of like to think she's kind of like the spirit in the sword from "Transistor".

--Wagstaff was a real person and made the Voxola.  _Maybe_ he was also the creator of WX?

--Winona MIGHT have worked at that particular factory but I dunno.  (and did Willow start that fire, or was it always burning since the world's been turning?)

--Wilson is (kind of) a smart inventor-dude but I don't think he made WX.

--Wilson and Willow's resemblance is just art-style coincidence; they are NOT brother and sister.

--Willow probably did burn down the orphanage she used to live in.  And the asylum she was sent to later on.  And...  She probably had _some_ happy/"normal" childhood at some point, though, seeing as she says quotes about being in Girl Scouts and such.

--WX really is a robot and not Wagstaff or someone else in a costume.

--I kind of see Maxwell, Wolfgang and Wes as all working for the same circus at some point.  Maxwell grabbed those two into the Don't Starve world first simply because he already knew them and they were convenient.

--Wolfgang is...European.  I see evidence of him being Italian, French, German AND Russian according to his various quotes.  : P

--Wigfrid was some housewife from Long Island (why Long Island? shrug) named, I dunno, "Sally Johnson" or something else ordinary, who went cuckoo one day and decided to take her community theater role REALLY seriously (this is a semi-joke theory.  I say only SEMI joke because, really, Wigfrid _does_ seem to be less mentally stable than some of the others.  Perhaps her real life was so dull/unhappy that becoming a carnivorous Viking warrior was preferable...?)

--Shipwrecked is PROBABLY an alternate timeline, but I would _love_ to find some way to tie it into the main one.  Kind of like my dream of being able to just sail off into the islands from "the mainland" as one contiguous world--awesome but unlikely.

--Warly is probably from New Orleans (it'd fit all his quotes and appearance) and Walani is probably from Hawaii, which means that in a few decades she WILL be another American character--if she's still alive by then.  : P

--(another joke theory) Antlion is so pissed off all the time because he/she/it and Dragonfly recently got a divorce, and the desert was split up between the summer monarchs. ;)  And the reason Antlion ALWAYS knows about you and where you are even if you've never laid eyes on it yet is because the moles tunnel everywhere and spy on you.  Stupid moles.  Mind you, this and the Wigfrid theory are joke theories I came up with LONG before this thread existed, so they're _my_ jokes, not directed at anyone here.

And then there's all the stuff with Them and the Cyclum and the Ancients, but this is long enough already. 

(also Klaus wasn't made by Charlie OR Maxwell; the original quote was _way_ more interesting and cool.  :))

...Notorious

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

-Wolfgang is...European.  I see evidence of him being Italian, French, German AND Russian according to his various quotes.  : P

2e511a6f58e24f57159256b048f22f4d--charac

I have to wonder when Wolfgang was in the military. After or before the strongman job? I'm going to say that he was in the military before THEM grabbed him.

Archived