Port ANR content to Singleplayer under a new name? Cyclum?

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

well we have found an expert in DS-DST porting boys.. praise the Lord! Cuz you definitely know how much work all these changes need to, right?

OMG, the arrogance!

Thank you for the compliment!

Just now, Chris1488 said:

I called him cause the rest of you are getting toxic and off topic with your guys' "sarcasm".

Then we can go back on-topic, instead of you bringing it further off-topic, see the point here?

What do you think of the idea?

1 hour ago, Winona said:

I know this was a joke, but this doesn't ruin the lore.

Charlie becomes a Survivor of her own accord, meaning the night monster would thus be Them, and that's how she reaches Wilson. 

Seriously, who writes the story of DS? Why should Charlie become a survior? She's currently the one with the most powert and doesn't look like there were any troubles between her and Them.

1 hour ago, Winona said:

SW & Hamlet should be ported to DST at some point, ANR should be ported to DS. Simple as that.

DST exists as a separate game because the developers couldn't extend DS with a multiplayer mode, because it needed so much changes. There must be servers and clients, different communications between computers, different mechanisms, different gameplay. Just look at the tent, you skip time in DS when you sleep, but in DST it's not an option. Stuff from DST cannot just be ported to DS "simple as that", and then we didn't mention that most likely the devs don't even want it to be ported (even if they had the money and time for it).

2 hours ago, Lumina said:

I don't know for Klaus, because the case is special, but Bee Queen and Toadstool come after Charlie got the power. So do we know they aren't here because of her will ?

Here I just wanted to post that Maxwell's quote about Klaus is "Charlie didn't make that!", however, as I checked the speechfile I noticed that they changed it to a very neutral "My, what a magnificently horrific creature.". Why was it changed, anyone knows?

44 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Seriously, who writes the story of DS? Why should Charlie become a survior? She's currently the one with the most powert and doesn't look like there were any troubles between her and Them.

DST exists as a separate game because the developers couldn't extend DS with a multiplayer mode, because it needed so much changes. There must be servers and clients, different communications between computers, different mechanisms, different gameplay. Just look at the tent, you skip time in DS when you sleep, but in DST it's not an option. Stuff from DST cannot just be ported to DS "simple as that", and then we didn't mention that most likely the devs don't even want it to be ported (even if they had the money and time for it).

Here I just wanted to post that Maxwell's quote about Klaus is "Charlie didn't make that!", however, as I checked the speechfile I noticed that they changed it to a very neutral "My, what a magnificently horrific creature.". Why was it changed, anyone knows?

IDK why Charlie became a survivor, the story is all over the place as it is.

For the record, when DST was being made, it could have outright replaced DS as they had the same content. SW was only an idea, it would seem.

I guess they changed it if they changed their mind about Klaus' lore.

24 minutes ago, Winona said:

the story is all over the place as it is.

Eh not really

Maxwell + Charlie enter world of Don't starve

Maxwell brings wilson (and others)

Wilson explores and stuff (finds door)

Wilson takes throne

Maxwell thrown to don't starve world

Charlie finds Wilson, she takes the throne

Wilson and Maxwell team up

Squads here

They all ask where's base

Charlie starts anr

21 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

Eh not really

Wilson takes throne

Squads here

Charlie starts anr

SW? Hamlet? Literally anything except the most simple things with cinematics?

3 hours ago, Winona said:

Oh yeah man, Beefalo Riding & Fences really only work in Multiplayer.

Who would bother to spend 20 days feeding some stupid beefalo and wasting this time, while no one can do other chores them (singleplayer!). Coffee is much better anyway.

24 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Who would bother to spend 20 days feeding some stupid beefalo and wasting this time, while no one can do other chores them (singleplayer!). Coffee is much better anyway.

Obviously that'd be changed or y'know. You'd literally die.

1 hour ago, PillsStealer said:

Eh not really

Wilson takes throne

Squads here

Charlie starts anr

Was wondering how the ancients come into that. In DST you have the atrium and fuelweaver and not in DS. And surely That's before maxwell and Charlie arrive in the don't starve world. 

Personally I have to say I understand the want to have many of the features of ANR in don't starve single player. I still prefer single player. But I don't think klei will ever do that because DST and DS are unique games rather than DST being just a multiplayer of DS. I think rather than lore as the reason for klei keeping different features in different games it's more incentive to buy both of the games. I mean. The ancients were around before maxwell and Charlie. But we don't have the atrium in DS. Beefalo riding, fences, marble working. I'm sad about that but I've accepted that they won't come to DS nor will shipwrecked or hamlet come to DST. Why would someone buy DS if shipwrecked was in DST. multiplayer isn't enough for some people. And to be honest there are mods for DS lIke fences that work and are fine. However mods for the Beequeen which are available have unusual mechanics that are worse than their DST counterparts.

Anyway.

My advice for the People who want to have ANR content in DS. Get the single player health mod for DST. It's the closest you can get to a better single player experience whilst having the ANR content. 

Archived