Port ANR content to Singleplayer under a new name? Cyclum?

It could have all the content of ANR, yes, even the stuff under Charlie's reign (though a world-gen option for it might work.)

For example:

Reign: Maxwell/Charlie

Instead of Winona, what if it had Charlie herself?

Reaching the Throne Room as Charlie would just trigger the ANR cinematic to play (and convert the world to Charlie reign if it was currently Maxwell)

Charlie could be literally identical to Winona:

Building in half the time (She's literally part Shadow. You'd think she could build faster than a human who'd never been there before.)

Trusty Tape (Keeps it around as a reminder of her sister, Winona? - A little bit of a stretch but if the content between the games should be equal, it works.)

One free hit from Darkness (Charlie is literally part shadow. She'd know how to avoid Them.)

Why even replace Winona with Charlie? Sounds like a pointless change, to be honest. Also, people would be angry about how unoriginal Charlie's character perks are. Plus, the dark monster that attacks you at night IS Charlie.

And finally, yes, it ruins the lore. Plus it'd remove most of the exclusivity DST has with its content.

13 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Is it? 0.O I couldn't care less. 

And also, I don't see how Beefalo riding and fences ruins your lore. 

Everyone knows Charlie is the first person to think of the concept of fences & beefalo riding, so it would completely break the lore to add them to DS. i couldn't care less about the lore, i love anime mods and merging  all content of ds together. i know im a minority on the forums and i cri everytime

Just give me fences, beefalo riding, doors, scarecrows and re-balanced bosses. I mean honestly, what in terms of lore, is so connected to Charlie anyway? The rose table, the portal...What else?

I just want everything to be in one man. I'm sorry, but I having three different worlds (one in Shipwrecked, one in DST and the other in RoG) ruins the lore and takes me out of the game more than anything. I like long term play, and so going into a game, knowing that half the content isn't there...Well then what's the point?

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Klaus, Toadstool, the Bee Queen are not Charlie associated.

I don't know for Klaus, because the case is special, but Bee Queen and Toadstool come after Charlie got the power. So do we know they aren't here because of her will ?

Just now, Lumina said:

I don't know for Klaus, because the case is special, but Bee Queen and Toadstool come after Charlie got the power. So do we know they aren't here because of her will ?

They are wildlife creatures. There is nothing about them that implies they are Charlie's. They are just animals we haven't seen before. 

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

No, just no.

Also, have you seen any ANR mods for DS? Because I haven't. 

But still, no. I don't want my game to break every time the game updates.  

You can always make your own mod & ds didn't get updates for years, until now. and ds/t updates generally never break a mod unless it's a very big mod with stuff like new biomes. Also, it would be weird to put some stuff from anr in ds while not putting the rest.

18 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

No, just no.

Also, have you seen any ANR mods for DS? Because I haven't. 

But still, no. I don't want my game to break every time the game updates.  

lol... mods aren't that unstable these days.. check the recent mods adding DST content.. they work perfectly fine

13 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Where are the fences or beefalo riding mods tho?

I might use the Toadstool and Bee queen mod.

And what I mean by mods, is that they are unstable. They can crash. We shouldn't have to resort to them for something to basic.

55 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

this ruins the lore, & everyone knows lore is more important than gameplay.

I know this was a joke, but this doesn't ruin the lore.

Charlie becomes a Survivor of her own accord, meaning the night monster would thus be Them, and that's how she reaches Wilson. 

ANR cinematic plays when she reaches him, for that extra canonicity, also.

The only non-lore thing is having the option of Charlie reign stuff under a Maxwell reign. Sure, it's by default, but if you're a lore junkie, change it. You still get fences, beefalo riding and the like.

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

And what I mean by mods, is that they are unstable. They can crash. We shouldn't have to resort to them for something to basic.

fences is definitely in the workshop... you just have to look for them

riding beefalos is a diferent story.. haven't seen a mod for that.. 

besides, if your game "crash" doesn't mean mods are always to blame... game crashes without mods too.

and crashes can be sorted and checked. You can easily see which mods causes problems and uninstall them.

14 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807890871 Fences and Gate.

Beefalo riding is such a poorly made and nearly pointless feature I don't think anyone really wants to bother porting it over to DS quite yet. Might as well reskin Wilson to look like a Beefalo when he uses the walking cane or drinks coffee. 

Mods rarely crash for me nowadays. Usually I only crash when I'm stupid and enable two things that clearly don't work or it's simply an old mod that was abandoned and there's a better replacement mod anyway (sadly I can't say this for RPG HUD, someone please update that mod)

8 minutes ago, Winona said:

Charlie becomes a Survivor of her own accord, meaning the night monster would thus be Them, and that's how she reaches Wilson. 

ANR cinematic plays when she reaches him, for that extra canonicity, also.

Charlie would be better of being a mod character as I don't think Klei can do her perks/cons justice after witnessing what her older sister got.

Archived