VR Not Included (Dupe Simulator)

Edit: currently looking for UE4 help for fixing certain bugs and setting up certain mechanics. any and all help appreciated

• need help adjusting post process materials (sobel/normal/lap edge) so that they outline all edges and don't break transparency
  • need help with VR UI setup

Hi all. I'm in a Virtual Reality class this semester and I'm trying to make a couple of VR games based on random things and figured I'd do a simple ONI-themed one to start off. I managed to get past a few having-no-idea-what-the-heck-I'm-doing roadblocks and though I'm sure there's way more of those to come, I figured I'd post here so you all can see my progress and maybe hopefully try it out eventually.

sorry I'm tired and probably about to fall asleep

I have had *coughs loudly* run cycles done for a few dupes (you can see a rough run cycle of liam here) and the basic layout and models are pretty much done, but I still need to figure out how to code a few things.

dupevr.thumb.png.55b61a8c26ca3a979760ab0cbf1e1a0e.png

current setup in Unreal E4

Asides from having no idea what I'm doing, the main thing I'm having trouble with right now is post-processing outlines. None of the tutorials I've seen online so far for this have helped

11 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Edit: Here's a couple more.

59a2b14ec2c82_Goggleboi(8).png.9bb594516

59a2b36fea87d_Goggleboi(73).png.f8fecc1c

You can probably get better angles from the trailer but I thought I should share these.

I have access to the trailer because it's easily found online, but the main things I need reference for are things in the game that aren't seen in the trailer since I'm doing most of the work on a computer I cannot play ONI on

7 hours ago, mf99k said:

I have access to the trailer because it's easily found online, but the main things I need reference for are things in the game that aren't seen in the trailer since I'm doing most of the work on a computer I cannot play ONI on

I have like 700 ONI screenshots that might be able to help.

Just now, minespatch said:

You could try adding some mineral textures?  So far you have a good setup, all you need is some more environmental elements. Then again, I need to see more development on what you're doing so I can add more on what you might want to add.

the textures and everything are really gonna be mainly post-process, so once I get the cell shading and outlines working that shouldn't be too difficult

Just now, Xedlord said:

Your going to do the manual airlock right!?

probably not actually since I'm having trouble getting animations to import to Unreal and the mechanized door will probably be easier to work with manually

ironically

Archived