Winona is Wilson's mom?

Also, Wilson entered the DS world in 1923, and he's 30-something years old.  So he was born ~1890.

Charlie was younger than Wilson when she entered the DS world in 1906.  So if her age was between 16 and 26, she was born some time between 1880 and 1890.

Winona's older than Charlie, but their relationship suggests they were close in age, not 10+ years apart.

Winona's not old enough to be Wilson's mom.

Plus, she's a unionized factory worker who shows contempt for the upper class.  Wilson's a land-poor gentleman.  Their social classes don't match.

I do so love when someone confidently posts a theory that completely falls apart under the slightest critical thinking.

If Winona was Wilson's mom, Charlie would be his aunt and he would definitely know who Charlie and Max are, yet there is absolutely no evidence in any interaction they have to suggest this.

The only kids in DS/DST are Webber and Wendy , Wilson looks around 20-30 years old , while Winona around 25-30 years old so ... I don't think that is the case . And if it was they would recognize earch other . Not to mention that Charlie is pretty young maybe even younger than Wilson (yea Winona is the older sister I know but the difference in age can't be that big)

But I have a theory of my own about Winona - She entered the DS world by her own will (or at least she knew what she was doing) . When you examinate the portal as Winona she says - ''That was a one-way ticket.'' . Meaning she knew what she was getting into before coming here . While all the others were "tricked" by presumably Maxwell to come into this world . And the fact that she is "sane" compared to the others .

TLDR : If I have to guess she is here by her own will to help/free Charlie maybe Maxwell too thou he is to blame for all this .

8 hours ago, MinniBat said:

Also that factory fire..... call it a stretch but?

Reveal hidden contents

59bcad4b54d82_winona6.thumb.jpg.87d3e1ab32ac656f981c744eb23cd161.jpg

It's actually hinted at more that Maxwell started the fire in Winona's quotes:

WAXWELL = 
        {
            GENERIC = "So... %s.",
            ATTACKER = "Don't make me noogie you, %s.",
            MURDERER = "How many lives you plannin' on ruinin', %s?",
            REVIVER = "Nice job, ya big walnut.",
            GHOST = "I could just leave you like this, hey?",
            FIRESTARTER = "Mysterious fires follow you like a plague, %s.",
        },

1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

WAXWELL = 
        {
            GENERIC = "So... %s.",
        },

Oooh, even if the Wilson relative thing doesn't work, I do really like this

Wow though some of you seem to take this a lil too seriously lol fair enough. Either way I think they have some sort of connection or at least will through Voxola if nothing else, super excited to see more of Winona.

3 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

WAXWELL = 
        {
            GENERIC = "So... %s.",
        },

I was sold on it for the longest time, but I dunno anymore.

If the Voxola factory fire never occurred this wouldn't be a suspicious quote in the least. She's just making a comment about the fires they're causing in the Don't Starve world in the here and now.

Due to her connection with Wagstaff though, our minds immediately create a connection based on how it's worded. Whether or not this is a mistake we automatically make, or is in fact factual is the question.

A good point is this: STATUEMAXWELL = "So THIS is \"Maxy\".",

This quote implies that she didn't know Maxwell up until then. This doesn't completely make it impossible for her to have known his face, but not name thus only piecing the two together here.

Though I don't know. I'm not really sure what about the statue even gives up his identity. Perhaps a little label at the bottom or something lol.

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I was sold on it for the longest time, but I dunno anymore.

If the Voxola factory fire never occurred this wouldn't be a suspicious quote in the least. She's just making a comment about the fires they're causing in the Don't Starve world in the here and now.

Due to her connection with Wagstaff though, our minds immediately create a connection based on how it's worded. Whether or not this is a mistake we automatically make, or is in fact factual is the question.

A good point is this: STATUEMAXWELL = "So THIS is \"Maxy\".",

This quote implies that she didn't know Maxwell up until then. This doesn't completely make it impossible for her to have known his face, but not name thus only piecing the two together here.

Though I don't know. I'm not really sure what about the statue even gives up his identity. Perhaps a little label at the bottom or something lol.

The one about Willow "ruining people's lives" is REALLY striking but absolutely true

4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(cracks knuckles) OHkay, having read this whole thread, I do have one observation to add.  The ages really don't add up BUUUUTTTT...

Winona DOES have the same eyes as Wilson.  It's the second thing I noticed about her face, after "OMG A FEMALE PLAYER CHARACTER WITH PUPILS!"

That is all.  :)

...Notorious

Yeah I mean, "mom" was the first thing that came to mind, and while I don't doubt I haven't seen EVERY piece of lore I'm curious to the source of Wilson living in the US, but they could still have some sort of relation. I just think there's a lot of similarity/ coincidence for them to not at least know eachother somehow.

Again though, Winona doesn't have to have anything to do with any existing characters to be interesting! I thought she was super cute on first site, I was shocked to see she's related to Charlie ( especially since THEY don't look alike? Which brings me to be curious to how Charlie's eyes will look if she's added to the game, they're pretty out of place compared to the other characters and even most of the animals ).

5 minutes ago, MinniBat said:

Yeah I mean, "mom" was the first thing that came to mind, and while I don't doubt I haven't seen EVERY piece of lore I'm curious to the source of Wilson living in the US, but they could still have some sort of relation. 

After doing some digging I found something. It's kinda a second hand source, so it's sketchy, but I assume this is where it stemmed from.

9 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Beware the power-noogies!

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

After doing some digging I found something. It's kinda a second hand source, so it's sketchy, but I assume this is where it stemmed from.

Yeah, I got the second hand source from the screencap from the facebook convo:

tumblr_mz1zpkKz1s1s6uv27o1_500.png

3 hours ago, MinniBat said:

Yeah I mean, "mom" was the first thing that came to mind, and while I don't doubt I haven't seen EVERY piece of lore I'm curious to the source of Wilson living in the US, but they could still have some sort of relation. I just think there's a lot of similarity/ coincidence for them to not at least know eachother somehow.

Again though, Winona doesn't have to have anything to do with any existing characters to be interesting! I thought she was super cute on first site, I was shocked to see she's related to Charlie ( especially since THEY don't look alike? Which brings me to be curious to how Charlie's eyes will look if she's added to the game, they're pretty out of place compared to the other characters and even most of the animals ).

Wilson is far too old for her to be his mom and it would be extremely strange for Wilson not to know his aunt.

There the voxola theme but that doesn't mean they're related at all.

The actual connection is Maxwell to voxola, and he spoke to wilson through the radio.  Wilson is not really much of a scientist and he is mostly maxwell's pawn with a skill for surviving.

Maxwell is the lynchpin character.

2 hours ago, Toros said:

Wilson is far too old for her to be his mom a

Uh... I think it's the other way around. I'm not sure how old Winona is compared to Charlie but Wilson was probably a really young boy when the San Francisco fire happened. Charlie was already a adult when the Earthquake happened.

Maxwell is so playful and lighthearted with Willow about the fire, it makes me feel like it was an accident. Also, I think every character is there for a reason. They are all connected, somehow.

WX came from the factory. WX also shows knowledge of Maxwell and the Divining Rod, furthering this idea.

Willow, Maxwell, Winona and Wilson we already know.

Webber would be a child of one of the factory workers, or another character, he always talks about how their father invented stuff.

Wendy knew about either the factory fire or the last act, or another tragedy. She says this to Maxwell- "How are you coping, %s?".

We can't really find anything out about Wigfrid, she is stuck in her Viking form, and mentions no real-world events.

Nothing out of Wolfgang, Wes, or Woodie.

WIckerbottom shows knowledge of Maxwell, and mentions Castorthrophy when talking about Woodies werebeaver form. I looked this up, and it is a made up word. Also, when Maxwell is a ghost, she says: "Stings, doesn't it dear?" as if she has died before, and when she is a ghost, Maxwell says: "You know the price of revival as well as I do, %s." I think Wickerbottom could have been revived by Maxwell. Also, I think Maxwell is the one who gave or brought Wickerbottom her magic in the first place. Maxwell is able to read Wickerbottoms books.

I have a feeling that they were all brought in by them for a reason, maybe the reason they are so friendly to each other, even when they spawn, is because they have always known eachother. They might've lived in the same town.

20 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

A circus train crashed into a passenger train that Maxwell (William) was on before they discovered the Codex. Wolfgang is believed to be apart of this circus due to a poster which advertises a strongman act.

58 minutes ago, Tylordian said:

Maxwell is so playful and lighthearted with Willow about the fire, it makes me feel like it was an accident. Also, I think every character is there for a reason. They are all connected, somehow.

WX came from the factory. WX also shows knowledge of Maxwell and the Divining Rod, furthering this idea.

Willow, Maxwell, Winona and Wilson we already know.

Webber would be a child of one of the factory workers, or another character, he always talks about how their father invented stuff.

Wendy knew about either the factory fire or the last act, or another tragedy. She says this to Maxwell- "How are you coping, %s?".

We can't really find anything out about Wigfrid, she is stuck in her Viking form, and mentions no real-world events.

WIckerbottom shows knowledge of Maxwell, and mentions Castorthrophy when talking about Woodies werebeaver form. I looked this up, and it is a made up word. Also, when Maxwell is a ghost, she says: "Stings, doesn't it dear?" as if she has died before, and when she is a ghost, Maxwell says: "You know the price of revival as well as I do, %s." I think Wickerbottom could have been revived by Maxwell. Also, I think Maxwell is the one who gave or brought Wickerbottom her magic in the first place. Maxwell is able to read Wickerbottoms books.

I have a feeling that they were all brought in by them for a reason, maybe the reason they are so friendly to each other, even when they spawn, is because they have always known eachother. They might've lived in the same town.

According to unused strings, Maxwell's actual reason for bringing in all the characters was because they were all similar to him.

"We're not so different, you and I."
"That's why I brought you here."
"That's why I brought all of them here."
"Oh, did you think you were the first?"
"HA!",
"It's just that...I've become accustomed to winning."

Probably something to do with wanting something or wanting to be something for a price, which is what happened to Maxwell. Not sure if they are even relevant anymore because they were cut from adventure mode long ago (Maxwell's big head was supposed to say them)

Archived