Sea yard repairs Walani boards too slow

I completely agree, the fact that it's percentage based makes it feel awful on the lower-hp boats.

It also feels bad to just sit there and wait for it to be repaired. I'd much rather have a slower repair rate and be able to leave a boat there to be repaired (so you could just keep two boats and swap at the sea yard, and come back to a repaired one).

On 15/9/2017 at 8:13 PM, landromat said:

it's not worth to wait full repair Walani board. Maybe sea yard should repair 5 hp/sec for every boat?

Also It would be nice if sea yard can repair boats without your participation. Looking for a minute at your boat repairing is not very fun

Wait you need to be in your boat to be repair by the sea yard?

I though you could leave your damage boat and use a full health boat and come back and change back...

I guess that not the case in this situation.

14 hours ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

Wait you need to be in your boat to be repair by the sea yard?

I though you could leave your damage boat and use a full health boat and come back and change back...

I guess that not the case in this situation.

Repair action attachet to the player now, so, if you leave the boat, it will stop repair

The repair is percentage based? I had no clue. I agree, it should be a set amount. This would make it be a greater cost to repair high health boats when compared to weaker boats.

Also, I also agree that the yard should be able to fix unmanned boats. It would need some way to prioritize a boat, though. Perhaps it would focus on the last boat the player was in? Either that or it should split the repair speed between all available boats.

Op is a month old but lets go. I actually like the way repairs cost time. Maybe the % health could change especially for very low health boats but the time used is how tar repair is currently balanced. Everything you need to repair (with tar) is a 1 time cost for cheaper repairs. Its not like dst where we either choose between grass gecks or grass tufts.

Its very easy to multi task near the sea yard for most of your repairs. Or as a supplement to your normal boat repairs. Awhile waiting for your ship to repair you can cook in the new fire place, do mass crafting, trawling (my favorite), mid combat repairs, and a few other minor or non "meta" things. All for some 1 time cost structures and some very farmable tar. At least after you kill the Quacken

I know I use a lot less boat repairs now because I like to do a few trawl sessions in dry+hurricane season and my boat is fully repaired half way through my first trawl net.

Archived