What do you use the Houndius Shootiuses?

Now that ruins can be reset, we can have multiple Houndius Shootius in DST too. However I haven't seen what people use them for, and I'm assuming not necessarily for the same purposes as in DS. First because there are new threats/problems that could be solved with them, secondly because many things are easier in groups, hound attacks for example.

I have a world where I collected a some or them already and plan to get more. However, I didn't use them yet as they are too rare for just "wasting" for something less important, and nothing needed specifically them so long. So I would like to see your ideas/solutions, what do you use your Houndius Shootiuses for?

Protected in a ring of statues or boulders next to my tooth trap area to eventually replace my tooth traps as soon as I have enough Houdius shootiuses for my Hound attacks. (The two I have right now are already doing a prety good job, but I kinda wanna have a few more before I disassemble my tooth traps.)

I've thought about this one a great deal.   They are wasted on hounds as you can deal with them effectively by using attacks to farm silk, tentacles, pigs, etc.   I decided to use them on Queen Bee and Dragonfly (six for each is plenty),  Toad has not much value to me and I haven't thought about using it on Fuelweaver (although you would lose it then right?).

39 minutes ago, Mencken said:

I've thought about this one a great deal.   They are wasted on hounds as you can deal with them effectively by using attacks to farm silk, tentacles, pigs, etc.   I decided to use them on Queen Bee and Dragonfly (six for each is plenty),  Toad has not much value to me and I haven't thought about using it on Fuelweaver (although you would lose it then right?).

Were you able to kill beequeen in this way? I havent tested but i'd assume stage 3 of the fight with so much grumbles coul make you lose a few( or all) the houndiuses

I want to move the herd , then use a telelocator on one of the goat ( and put in a place safe , in a remote location ) .

That way even if all the goat near the houndius die , the herd is still alive and will respawn near shootius and not near the remote goat . Sorry if This is not clear ;D

Archived