Guides on Steam/YouTube

Hey folks!

Lately I've been playing a lot of this amazing game Don't Starve Together, and I was thinking to start a serie where I'll be showcasing some tips or ways of playing I know, in detailed written guides. I try to find some original ideas, but at the same time I must help new or beginners about things that already exist and work really well, in my own way. At first I only wrote them on Steam Guides, but afterwards I decided to create videos for the people who just hate reading and considering it as a waste of time, or simply people that prefers to check a video.

I'll give you an example : my last video is about how to farm pig skins with the setpiece called Developer Graveyard. If you wanna check it, feel free to do!

I have more plans for the future videos, but I need some feedback first! Just feel free to tell me all your critics, negative and positive. Concerning the songs I'll choose Ambiant and Chill music for the future videos. I think it suits better for this format, but again : i need to know what you guys think about this. Concerning the editing, tell me what I need to improve, what you think in general, if you guys prefer earing someone instead of reading, if you guys wanted to see anything in particular that needed to be there, just tell me.

I always credit people for the tips I use in my guides, I'll stay respectful for the people who created original ideas for sure. On the YouTube videos, you can check the description for further information.

I made 8 guides (video+written) so far and I chose to post one video per week now. This will give me enough time to create a high quality guide, with proper english, more point of views, more informations. I'll try to respect this schedule as much as I can.

Thanks a lot for your reading, you can support me by subscribing to the channel and follow me on steam so you can be notified for the future guides to come!

My YouTube channel

Steam Guides

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 1: I'm really grateful for all the comments I receive on Steam and Klei forums, all the discussions in Steam Chat, positive and negative. It's been one month+ I'm making these video guides and I'm surprised on how much people are watching them. 

I realized I'm close to get 100 subscribers, so I decided to create special video series! The first video would be a Day 100 Base Tour from my Wigfrid world. The number of days will be synchronized with subs : the first video would be Day 100, second one Day 200, third one Day 300 etc. The serie will contain 10 videos for a total of 1000 Days in game. You would be able to see the evolution of my world, I'll explain what I did in the past days and what I'm planning to do for the next 100 days. This serie is only created to show you guys how I play, to let you know more about my playstyle, but most importantly: to thank my subscribers! Without you, nothing would be here. Thanks a lot! (The first video is ready, only need 5 more subscribers!)

I will start another video series next month with a microphone voice! I have a friend who's talking really well english, she has a nice and understandable voice, I'm pretty sure you would like her guys! The new serie will showcase and explain 8 reasons about one thing in Don't Starve Together. It could be an item, a food, a character, a technique or anything in DST. The format of the videos will be short, I'll go straight to the subject. I hope you guys would like the videos! Thanks again for your support, I'm so grateful for this! You guys rock.

Happy Don't Starve Together :)

On 16/09/2017 at 1:33 AM, dongianizoo said:

Ahah :) I agree ! Problem is the copyrights, I need to choose better free songs, I'll pay attention to that to save your ears sanity dude! I'm sorry for this :p

Kind of offtopic, but anyway...
Someone looking for copyright free music? Never fear, Kevin MacLeod is here! 
This guy is a blessing for content creators, he makes excellent music that you can use in your videos, and even monetize, all with just an Attribution 3.0 Licence. 

Basically, find the song you want to use from http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html and put this in your video's description or credits section: 

Spoiler

"Song Name Here" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

And you're good to go. (However, be sure to double check if the track is Attribution or not. Some of it requires a paid licence to use commercially, I believe.)
Happy video-making! :wilson_wink:

Alright I'll check this out, thanks a lot for this information!

I have edited my post just to tell people I need some feedback about the videos and the guides in general!

Feel free to read again the original post, I need to know what you guys think 'bout this, all the critics are welcome, positive but most importantly negative ones so I can improve and give you high quality content. Thanks a lot!

Hey guys, I keep my post updated by let you know that my new video guide is up! This guide is mostly for the beginners and the people who're struggling with food. My next video guide will be a lot more original, I swear :)

I'm still waiting for your feedback guys! I really need it to improve the quality of my videos. Most of you told me 'bout the music but I think it's really a matter of taste. I lowered the music sound a lot more for the people who don't like music in videos at all. The second feedback was about a possible microphone voice explaining the guides because they were struggling to read and watch the video at the same time, I'm aware it's difficult... I have a solution, since I don't talk that well english, I know a friend who's talking a really good english. Would you be interested hearing a woman's voice explaining my guides? Just tell me and she'll be up to.

I'll be without internet for 1 week, even more, I'll need to wait for the new internet in my new home to come. I won't be able to answer you during this time, I'm sorry in advance! I recently opened a Twitter aswell, I'll be posting my ideas there for now and maybe in the future I'll do some skin giveaways or some things like that. Stay tuned! https://twitter.com/DonGianiGuides

Thanks for the reading again, have a nice week, peace out guys!

Don Giani

Great tutorials! Just my 2 cents on the beard, ever since the last bunnymen patch they dont seem to drop beard if they die by something not related to the player that is insane. That means that the most effective way to get a lot of beard from your bunnyfarm is to either kill the beardlord yourself, or having damaged it enough so it still counts like your kill. I usually just use carrots to Be followed by 2 beardlords somewhere away of the rest, and kill them myself to guarantee the drop.

I’m pretty sure it’s always been the case that beardlords only drop hair (and mm) when the insane player kills them. You can even see I. This vid that they’re dropping regular meat. Splumonkeys might actually be easier. Kite a few over some tooth traps because they can stun lock you when in a group.

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Great tutorials! Just my 2 cents on the beard, ever since the last bunnymen patch they dont seem to drop beard if they die by something not related to the player that is insane. That means that the most effective way to get a lot of beard from your bunnyfarm is to either kill the beardlord yourself, or having damaged it enough so it still counts like your kill. I usually just use carrots to Be followed by 2 beardlords somewhere away of the rest, and kill them myself to guarantee the drop.

Thanks for this info, I'll precise that on the Steam Guide! I'll do some tests when I got the time, I do dropped Beard Hair with an 'incomplete attack' and carrot feeding process but I needed to be insane at 0 sanity otherwise it wouldn't drop. I'll confirm you my tests afterwards to let you know. Thanks again for your comment!

11 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I’m pretty sure it’s always been the case that beardlords only drop hair (and mm) when the insane player kills them. You can even see I. This vid that they’re dropping regular meat. Splumonkeys might actually be easier. Kite a few over some tooth traps because they can stun lock you when in a group.

Yeah you right. But I needed to talk about Beard Hair in this video, the main subject is more the Bunnymen Farm and what you can do with it instead of dropping Beard Hair though.

Archived