Is Hamlet Seriously Not Part of Together?

On 9/14/2017 at 2:30 AM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Klei...KLEI! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous! Did we learn nothing from Shipwrecked!?! 

Are you expecting us to buy DLC for single-player game that  you refuse to update with the stuff from Together. Nobody plays Singleplayer anymore because it's outdated...and now you are adding DLC for it. 

Are the people who make Together and Singleplayer different departments that don't speak to each other?!? Get your damn crap together guys (literally, STICK EVERYTHING TOGETHER INTO ONE GAME AND STOP SEGREGATING CONTENT)

Edit: Just to clarify, this is not about wanting to play Hamlet with other people, this is about not being able to access half a game's content because I'm on singleplayer. Hamlet is forcing me to go back to game that has half the content that DST. I want to be able to access everything in one world and not have to start a completely different game to experience ANR content (fences, Beefalo riding, new mobs, bosses, etc). THIS IS THE ISSUE. Just explaining this again, because some people seem to have trouble understanding. 

Wow. You seem to have trouble understanding that people other than you are out there and play and enjoy singleplayer DS. Sure, I'd love to see some SW things (namely meadow turf) in DST, and DST stuff like skins in DS. It's not stuff that takes away from the gameplay, since each game has their merits and I love playing both. Why would you want all of that in one game? And DST already has RoG+ and ruins, plus a way to renew the ruins since world-hopping isn't possible, plus the Forge is coming. 

Do you never wonder how much time and resources it takes to run DST? Some things aren't possible for one, single game. Do you think about the people playing and enjoying both games getting bored with one single game that would have waaaay too much content? 

Of course there are different departments because they are different games! There are gonna be loads of people buying that new DLC, so I have no clue where your claims come from, though I know you are being overly hyperbolic. 

Calm down, and think about this rationally ^_^

I for one enjoy this game "sequeling" model, as DST is, for all intends and purposes, DS 2... but with friends. Also the fact solo gets new expansions.. alongside multiplayer, as well getting additional content - and I hope it will go the DOTA/WoW way, aka constant expansions over time, even if that requires payable DLCs (yet Klei seems to lean towards financing DST via skins, market etc which, again, imo is a good and interesting business model even if others feel entitle to free stuff and free stuff alone just because they ..can clap towards Klei or something?!).

Thus yes, (seriously) no Hamlet in DST? No problem. DST will get another content and all will (hopefully) be well.

17 hours ago, Audra Verela said:

Wow. You seem to have trouble understanding that people other than you are out there and play and enjoy singleplayer DS.

To me that seems illogical to me when you can get a closed server in DST and play by yourself.

Personally, I can't play DS anymore because it's outdated. Every time I start a new world, I'm like "Oh, I can't fight Klaus, I can't ride beefalo, I can't make fences, I can't do this and I can't that" and I just give up.

I would LOVE to be able to avoid DST, but that's where everything is.

It's not stuff that takes away from the gameplay, since each game has their merits and I love playing both. Why would you want all of that in one game? . 

Because I want to be able to experience everything in one world. I hate having a world for DS, and a different world for DST, and a different world for Shipwrecked. That breaks the lore more than anything, having to go out of game just to access everything.

There are gonna be loads of people buying that new DLC

But I probably will too (when it's on Sale). I just having to go back to DS, when I know that half the content is missing. 

5 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

If it was a sequeling model, then all updates would go to DST. What other game adds new content for the first game, when there's a sequel out.

That's why the word was between quotes (not because invented): not only "hey, here's a sequel, original is as of now nailed to the wall"; what Klei did (for better or worst) is a flexible/liquid game story-wise and pseudo-sequel that both can be altered even further. Parallel stories/universes if you will. Like the 1.000.000-deaths-Wilson, you have your solo DS universe that can have new stories, ramification, and you have your multi DST one. Is something new, I repeat, and only time will tell how this model will pay off in the end. I can understand you/others that want "all the eggs in the same basket". Yet I can also appreciate what we have now without wishing for that some kind of final amassment.

6 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Parallel stories/universes if you will. Like the 1.000.000-deaths-Wilson, you have your solo DS universe that can have new stories, ramification, and you have your multi DST one.

A reminder that I need to stop fretting over the shipwrecked timeline.

On 9/20/2017 at 7:34 AM, Rellimarual said:

I guess whether this has any credibility or not depends on whether we think you or Klei has a better understanding of the technical, financial or time requirements of any of this. Melodramatic complaints that game developers are incompetent or scheming are pretty routine on gaming forums every time players don't get things exactly their way, but it's pretty hard to make the case that Klei is greedy. The games are cheap and they have given players tons of free content. If they find it feasible to add SW to DST, then they will do it.

I never said Klei is greedy. If anything they are lazy and/or apathetic. (keep in mind that's said in the nicest way possible. I love Klei and their games. But nobody who is being honest with themselves can find an excuse for this.)  And it's just insanely laughable that you're saying the credibility of an objective statement like that rides on whether I understand the game better than them lol!   Klei has years upon years of experience with this game; they have EVERY asset, EVERY texture, EVERY mesh, EVERY .wav file etc... and were able to port over every single DS file to DST upon creation. This simple fact means that it is highly unlikely if not impossible for them to be unable to do the same with Shipwrecked. Again, shipwrecked is it's own world! All they'd have to do is add the seaworthy portal thing that is in regular DS, allowing a player to "hop worlds" into Shipwrecked, and BECAUSE it is its own contained separate world the only changes that would really be necessary to make it compatible are adding in information into shipwrecked's code telling it what the new ANR items statistics/names/data etc.. is. 

This kind of thing has been done before in much more complex series! For example, the Dark Souls series has a running policy of simply putting a "key" in the files that are downloaded when you purchase a DLC expansion...go look it up; dark souls 1, dark souls 2 etc... each DLC is only a few megabytes since it just adds a key to unlock the DLC doorway and then they put the actual DLC content along with data folder containing info about all the new DLC weapons, armor, spells etc... into a public patch, so the base game knows what they are in case a player who hasn't downloaded it is put into pvp with one using a new item etc..   This is basically the equivalent to if Klei put out a new update/patch and it contained data files with statistics and info on every shiprecked item not currently in the base game; this way a player could hop into the totally separate shipwrecked world which would simply consist of the game "passing your save data" over to shipwrecked, shipwrecked picking it up and compiling your character with all your items etc.. into the world; then upon leaving shipwrecked to come back, the game scans the new "data folder" with all the shipwrecked item info in case the player has any of said items so it'll know what they are. It's that simple.

EDIT:  Bit of a necro i guess. My bad guys, didn't notice the recent page dates when i replied.

7 hours ago, DarkIdeals said:

*wall of text* etc etc "I want SW in DST, what is that hard to port it?!"

From my understanding in the current state of the game a DST SW world would probably require another server to run (Forest, Cave, now theoretically Islands). How many mid-end/consumer computers can smoothly run 3 servers simultaneously?

38 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

From my understanding in the current state of the game a DST SW world would probably require another server to run (Forest, Cave, now theoretically Islands). How many mid-end/consumer computers can smoothly run 3 servers simultaneously?

Klei are working on the forge and on the hamlet. They can add it, but it will not be now. :) If they add it i think you will have to chose islands or normal world.

Archived