Announcing Don't Starve: Hamlet, The Forge and other exciting news!

I just tried the SW beta, I really like it! The new stuff I could explore so long aren't big, but they already bought me... my favourite so far is the rainbow jellyfish!

For those who don't mind some spoiling...

Spoiler

have you tried to eat it?... :D

rainbowjelly1.thumb.jpg.2f9064c9d06c924c57f28cdab58d4865.jpgrainbowjelly2.thumb.jpg.4e72cd5ed08653a1f41cecfac4662902.jpg

Like a glowberry, but in the colors of the rainbow! I love this game (even more)!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

For the skin system, we are doing several changes:

• Far more skins will drop for players than ever before (by a factor of 4x or more!)
  • There’s a new trader in town! If you get duplicates, you will be able to break them down to scrap and craft them into event items.

Hang on, has this (godsend) skin system buff been implemented already, or is it still in the works, or is it only event-exclusive??

Just now, Atkvin said:

Hang on, has this (godsend) skin system buff been implemented already, or is it still in the works, or is it only event-exclusive??

Based on their wording:

Skin droprate will increase 4x or more.

A new npc will be added to convert spoils into event spoils.

-------

The droprate will increase during the event in order to increase the effectiveness of the npc (or whatever it is) in aiding your search for warrior skins. Event over? No need for the droprate, as this would devalue the more rare shadow, survivor and guest of honor skins.

Just now, minespatch said:

Can't tell if they're buffing up the Beefalo man or this new character will be introduced. Eitherway, I'm hyped for what that will lead to.

Well, it sounds like a new character entirely. Otherwise I'd think they'd say something along the lines of "the skin trader is getting revamped".

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Lumina said:

The DST event should not be here before november. You should have power back since it. Hope all is ok for you otherwise.

No power sucks. Aside from the obvious lack of electronic devices, my food is going bad (just like in don't starve), we aren't getting any water, and most importantly, no AC in hot Florida weather! (We are fine lol, you know you are lucky when your biggest complaint is lack of AC.) 

Can I just take a moment to comment on how awesome humans are? A tree fell down in our backyard (didn't hit anything, no damage too the house) and my dad and I were dreading having to clean it up, but the neighborhood pitched so much help. Four trees were knocked down in our neighborhood, and my dad and a couple of neighbors and I went around cleaning up the trees, and the county sent a truck to collect debris for free. Also Verizon gave everyone in the hurricane path free data for the next two weeks, which is great because there's no power for the router.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cookiemies said:

Anyone knows the spawncommands for the crockodogs and other new mobs in the shipwrecked?

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Not sure about the bird.

It has a chance of spawning in place of a seagull. So use "seagull_water" until you get one.

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What is the bird people are talking about?

It's apart of the new Shipwrecked content:

Spoiler

zgxnegG.jpg

(The black one)

• Like 3