Winona confirmed perks

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Also this thread escalated quickly into a flame war...

Calm down guys, no need to immediately go for each other's throats if someone disagrees with your opinion.

We can all be civil here, right?

Hide contents

Oh, who am I kidding? This is the internet. I'm pretty sure someone's prepping to go for my throat even as I type this very sentence.

Nah, right now I personally think that it is pretty chill and all. But earlier, was just ooolahlah. Hot and fiery. Anyways, I'm heading out for the night. Gotta go get that sweet sweet sleep. I'll be back to discuss about anything laterz. Try not to burn things down while I'm not here lmao.

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Also this thread escalated quickly into a flame war...

Calm down guys, no need to immediately go for each other's throats if someone disagrees with your opinion.

We can all be civil here, right?

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, who am I kidding? This is the internet. I'm pretty sure someone's prepping to go for my throat even as I type this very sentence.

...How dare you.

2 hours ago, Tylordian said:

I could only see Wes being silent as a useful thing in PVP, which, unfortunately, noone plays. Hopefully Winona has a trick under her sleeve, she needs something that makes her different.

I mean sometimes you just want the characters to shut up 

9 minutes ago, CaptainCatSleeping said:

Being able to mass produce refined stuff is not really broken. Its more of a convenience and it doesn't affect the game too much. It adds a nice touch to her being a factory worker.

I'm talking about the reduced costs to make stuff being broken.

I believe having the ability to mass produce is perfectly fine.

33 minutes ago, cactusarms said:

But not all players are going to pick Winona based of her perks probably. I mean, Wendy is picked a lot but nobody ever uses her ability. Winona is an interesting character, lore-wise, with having ties to Charlie and Voxola and etc.

25 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

True, but Wendy's ghost does have some uses, like spider farming, but it's true that other characters can do that just as good or even better, and really the reason people choose Wendy is because they like her character, not her perks. 

But also, Winona isn't very interesting of a character. A girl who summons her dead twin sister, who she may or may have not have murdered, is unique and interesting. While Winona seems like a one dimensional mechanic character, randomly related to Charlie. 

I wouldn't say nobody uses Wendy's ability, I've seen quite a few (you know who you are) use her ability in pretty interesting and very useful ways. 

Being able to mass farm Spiders, Shadow Splumonkeys, take on large groups of hounds/frogs, assisting in the Bee Queen fight against those Grumble Bees and etc is pretty useful for a team (of course its not comparable to characters like Wolfgang or Wickerbottom, but it's something nice and useful).

Not to mention her main downside is mitigated by using an Ornery Beefalo with a war saddle.

A bit off-topic, but I just wanted to throw that out there. lol

Just now, Silxer said:

I wouldn't say nobody uses Wendy's ability, I've seen quite a few (you know who you are) use her ability in pretty interesting and very useful ways. 

Being able to mass farm Spiders, Shadow Splumonkeys, take on large groups of hounds/frogs, assisting in the Bee Queen fight against those Grumble Bees and etc is pretty useful for a team (of course its not comparable to characters like Wolfgang or Wickerbottom, but it's something nice and useful).

Not to mention her main downside is mitigated by using an Ornery Beefalo with a war saddle.

A bit off-topic, but I just wanted to throw that out there. lol

I overexaggerated that statement.

This really reminds me of the reception of the Shipwrecked Characters, mainly Walani. :wilson_dilemma:

Huh, kinda sad. No doubt Klei's gonna add some more spice sooner or later when she arrives on pc, I imagine.

Idk I'm still looking forward to her though!

But at what point would people prefer the sw characters (or with) over Winona

6 minutes ago, CheeseNuggets101 said:

This really reminds me of the reception of the Shipwrecked Characters, mainly Walani. :wilson_dilemma:

Huh, kinda sad. No doubt Klei's gonna add some more spice sooner or later when she arrives on pc, I imagine.

Idk I'm still looking forward to her though!

But at what point would people prefer the sw characters (or with) over Winona

"patpat" a Warly main is here everything will be ok.

I like the idea of her being able to make stuff in masse as a regular-medium perk. But I like the clockworks tinkering thing more as a lategame special thing.
How about if besides being able to befriend/hack active clockworks with one gear, she could also make them? the clockworks would cost more than what they drop, and they would have their aggresive stance, except for her that can befriend them.

I'd probably remove the rook because of griefing capabilities, but she could perfectly be able to make knights (alchemy) and bishops (shadow manipulator) essentially being able to leave clockworks in specific areas of the map that you want. For gameplay purposes, a recently made clockwork would probably be friendly for half a day once created before going aggresive and requiring an extra gear for friendship.

-"Thats too op!" if each knight costs 2 gears to make and a doodad, a bishop costs 3 gears, purple gem and 2 nightmare fuels,  and one to keep as friends every half a day, it's not OP given how much griding you'd have to make before making them.
-"You could use bishops to kill bosses! thats OP!" Again, it'd require a lot of ruins raiding, grinding, and you get a mob that could become aggresive towards you at any point. Ever played with wickerbottom's tentacle fields?
-"Anyone can make repaired clockworks in the ruins and they don't have a time limit of friendship" Also anyone can befriend spiders with a spider hat, and everyone can quickly destroy a forest by hiring a few piggies or running around bearger. Its not the point, you could make something different which is repopulate clockworks in specific areas, and if needed, befriend them.

To compensate any "good" perk she gets I've been thinking that early 20th century factories didn't always have the best health conditions for their workers, and many ended with health issues because of that. Perhaps she could get 50% health from all health sources (healing items, healing food, 50% longer to restore health sleeping, etc). It may sound too crippling, but its manageable if you think about it: you just need more healing stuff, and would make her less suited for direct combat.

Well we are going to wait a while before it's on the Pc, I was kinda expecting it to be a timed thing on Xbox One, although the way Klei phrased it, it kinda implied it was released for every platform, I find it hilarious almost everyone thought it would be released today on every platform

1 minute ago, SeriousSteel said:

Well we are going to wait a while before it's on the Pc, I was kinda expecting it to be a timed thing on Xbox One, although the way Klei phrased it, it kinda implied it was released for every platform, I find it hilarious almost everyone thought it would be released today on every platform

Well it makes sense if you think about it.

Klei only streams on PCs, and they wanna make sure everything's running smoothly so they can show her off on a stream.

Not tomorrow though, since they're streaming hot thlaba.

Also it was confirmed by Jan on last week's stream that she's coming out for ALL platforms TODAY.

13 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Tell that to Woodie.

You mean gains sanity planting pine cones Woodie? Can control Beaverness in human form by eating twigs Woodie? Doesn't drop inventory when in Beaver form Woodie?

Don't forget its Klei we're talking about. The same company that has made numerous changes to their newer games due to player input. If Klei really doesn't listen to us, Don't Starve would be a much different game.

Archived