Winona confirmed perks

4 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Could she turn three stacks of cut grass into 40 rope instantly? That would be great

That's actually an amazing suggestion. Extremely useful, unique and it makes sense with her background as a factory worker (sorta). And it's not op. Unless it is op then I'm ok with it anyway because I spend too much time spamming items in the refined tab to make multiple versions of them. 

5 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

As much as I love don't starve there is a lot of grinding involved in it. A character that reduces the amount of time it takes to make items is welcoming to me. 

I agree with you on that how saving time thing. Still its kind of a let down to a lot of people that has been in the game for so long if this is the only perk truly useful for them in Winny. 

6 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Could she turn three stacks of cut grass into 40 rope instantly? That would be great

Now this would be an amazing primary perk. The one that everyone is waiting for. We have all been there with the ropes for tooth traps, drying rack and all the stuff. Would be nice to just skip the rope making process.

Just now, CaptainCatSleeping said:

Now this would be an amazing primary perk. The one that everyone is waiting for. We have all been there with the ropes for tooth traps, drying rack and all the stuff. Would be nice to just skip the rope making process.

Maybe she could have something like a "factory work bench" as her unique item which is basically the refined tab but it deals in producing 10 at a time as opposed to 1 at a time 

It would be too good if it applies to all this stuff (cutting wood, harvesting grass/twigs and all). I mean, woodie and maxwell would become less useful in comparison. Being efficient in something else than crafting thing would be great, but not too much.

11 minutes ago, CaptainCatSleeping said:

That's because there is no other perks that are actually useful for experienced gamers. That's why to make the best out of it and be optimistic, people enlarge and focus on this perk. Not saying that other perks aren't great, but they are mostly redundant to experienced players and players like me who always have torches or lanterns with them and have too much hounds teeth to spare.

Winona's other perks aren't useful to experienced players, but it still presents the problem of "Why pick Winona at all, if there is another character that does anything you'd want her for better".

If your goal is speed Wolf saves more time while fighting and moving, WX overcharged saves a lot of time, Wicker can set up tentacle traps to quickly farm bosses, Max can farm stone/wood and nightmare fuel much faster.

No one should need another charlie hit, and her mending tape is a cheap sewing kit but you rarely need clothing to be sewn.  Saving a half second here and there with crafting takes a long time to add up and I don't think she'd ever catch up to higher tier characters.

Mostly I'm disappointed that there were a lot of cool things that could've been done with this character.  One perk is completely pointless, the other falls off lategame, and the third (crafting) doesn't stack up well compared to what many other characters get.

I don't understand why they decided to add a fairly bland character after all this time.

9 minutes ago, Lumina said:

It would be too good if it applies to all this stuff (cutting wood, harvesting grass/twigs and all). I mean, woodie and maxwell would become less useful in comparison. Being efficient in something else than crafting thing would be great, but not too much.

If the speed perk only applies in building, its not a perk that atttacts me to play her. Its kinda of a meh to me because I will still be spam clicking the entire time and spam clicking time is only reduced to half. If the speed perks applies on things like collecting material, it is certainly more attractive. Anyway, the increased speed can be minor, like her chopping tree speed will definitely not be as quick as Maxie and Woodie. Her speed in collecting and dropping stuff can just be faster than average characters, but still slower than characters designed to do gathering. Moreover, this perk will still be useful even in late game. So she wouldn't just be useless and boring. It moves her up the ranks of characters that are good for late games.

2 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Gonna have to agree with the Curator. I'm disappointed. Winona is worse than Wilson and her only positive is lore. AND I LOVE LORE. I REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE LORE!

I don't know if I'd say she's worse than Wilson.  They have the same stats and Wilson's only perk is his beard which produces hair very slowly, and beard hair isn't that useful.  Being able to make tape from cutgrass and one silk is more convenient imo than the beard any time but winter.  Beard hair is easy to farm from beardlords, splumonkies, and beardlings so 9 every 16 days isn't very impressive.

3 minutes ago, cactusarms said:

But not all players are going to pick Winona based of her perks probably. I mean, Wendy is picked a lot but nobody ever uses her ability. Winona is an interesting character, lore-wise, with having ties to Charlie and Voxola and etc.

True, but Wendy's ghost does have some uses, like spider farming, but it's true that other characters can do that just as good or even better, and really the reason people choose Wendy is because they like her character, not her perks. 

But also, Winona isn't very interesting of a character. A girl who summons her dead twin sister, who she may or may have not have murdered, is unique and interesting. While Winona seems like a one dimensional mechanic character, randomly related to Charlie. 

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

True, but Wendy's ghost does have some uses, like spider farming, but it's true that other characters can do that just as good or even better, and really the reason people choose Wendy is because they like her character, not her perks. 

But also, Winona isn't very interesting of a character. A girl who summons her dead twin sister, who she may or may have not have murdered, is unique and interesting. While Winona seems like a one dimensional mechanic character, randomly related to Charlie. 

I have to diagree with you on that. Right now, Winny is still shrouded in mystery and everything about her is screaming "im gonna play a big role in lore". So people might just play her because she is such a interesting variable in the equation, compared to Maxwell and other characters that has become a constant.

3 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

Is a skilled builder = crafting animation takes 0.5 secs instead of 1 sec (has fastbuilder tag)
image.png

Gets one free hit from the dark = can survive one hit from charlie

all of these would've made her great for pvp lol. She looks like a cool person though!

23 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

Maybe she could have something like a "factory work bench" as her unique item which is basically the refined tab but it deals in producing 10 at a time as opposed to 1 at a time 

I'm more thinking something along the lines of, since she's a factory worker, she's more adept at making things en masse.

So she's able to make more refined things from one click, but it still uses up the same amount of resources.

Like take for example, 10 cut stones. She'll make 10 cut stones in one click, but it'll still take 30 rocks to make.

And if you don't have that much, she'll make the maximum allotted without exceeding the limit of 10 made.

Personally I'd like to see a perk which reduces the amount of resources needed to craft stuff, not too much, but I think it'd still be broken. :wilson_cry:

Also this thread escalated quickly into a flame war...

Calm down guys, no need to immediately go for each other's throats if someone disagrees with your opinion.

We can all be civil here, right?

Spoiler

Oh, who am I kidding? This is the internet. I'm pretty sure someone's prepping to go for my throat even as I type this very sentence.

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

I'm more thinking something along the lines of, since she's a factory worker, she's more adept at making things en masse.

So she's able to make more refined things from one click, but it still uses up the same amount of resources.

Like take for example, 10 cut stones. She'll make 10 cut stones in one click, but it'll still take 30 rocks to make.

And if you don't have that much, she'll make the maximum allotted without exceeding the limit of 10 made.

Personally I'd like to see a perk which reduces the amount of resources needed to craft stuff, not too much, but I think it'd still be broken. :wilson_cry:

Being able to mass produce refined stuff is not really broken. Its more of a convenience and it doesn't affect the game too much. It adds a nice touch to her being a factory worker.

Archived