Winona confirmed perks

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

As for megabase builders, well that would give them a reason to main her, which is what we want. 

Not exactly. We want to give people a reason to play her because they have fun, not because they feel they are wasting time or resource not playing her. If you think "i will spare 135 woods, 100 grass, 50 cutstones and 85 twigs playing her", it's not really fun, no ? For most people, i mean, i know that there could be exceptions, of course.

Just now, Lumina said:

Not exactly. We want to give people a reason to play her because they have fun, not because they feel they are wasting time or resource not playing her. If you think "i will spare 135 woods, 100 grass, 50 cutstones and 85 twigs playing her", it's not really fun, no ? For most people, i mean, i know that there could be exceptions, of course.

True. 

1 minute ago, CaptainCatSleeping said:

Certainly be interesting and fresh. At the same time, game breaking and op. Hey, its a cool idea. I think it can be something along the lines of being able to wire the clockworks a little differently, and they return to normal after a period of time.

I don't think it's that OP. She can't craft Clockwork machines, she can only hack existing ones, so it's not really that powerful because eventually they would all die. She could repair the existing ones tho, but they would be useless against hound waves and giants.

I have two ideas of how this could work:

a) They act like pigs, that follow you and protect you.

b) You can control them remotely. Your character is vulnerable, while she sits down with a controller  and you play as a rook, or a bishop, or a knight. 

12 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I don't think it's that OP. She can't craft Clockwork machines, she can only hack existing ones, so it's not really that powerful because eventually they would all die. She could repair the existing ones tho, but they would be useless against hound waves and giants.

I have two ideas of how this could work:

a) They act like pigs, that follow you and protect you.

b) You can control them remotely. Your character is vulnerable, while she sits down with a controller  and you play as a rook, or a bishop, or a knight. 

You mentioned that they would eventually die? Why? I should have probably used a better word than op, but since this feature will be new and all, there might be a decent amount of the game's mechanics and stuff needs to change. B sounds amazing but at the same time too glorious. Too amazing to come true. Moreover she seems like the type that likes to do things on her own, with her own two hands, the "let's get down to business" kind of gal. I don't think mind games or controlling is her thing. However, the idea is nice, and I think that it could fit her character and personality well if it is adjusted better.

9 minutes ago, CaptainCatSleeping said:

You mentioned that they would eventually die? Why? I should have probably used a better word than op, but since this feature will be new and all, there might be a decent amount of the game's mechanics and stuff needs to change. B sounds amazing but at the same time too glorious.

There is only  a limited number of Clockworks per world, so once they are gone, they are GONE. They aren't that hard to kill and aren't that fast (they can't dodge attacks), so players could take down a Knight or a Bishop pretty easily, even if it's player controlled; and seeing as people are always desperate for gears, they wouldn't last long. And you would have to heal them constantly, but if we go with option B, you wouldn't be able to do that because you are controlling them remotely. 

They would be pretty useless by themselves, but would work great for supporting other characters in battle. 

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

There is only  a limited number of Clockworks per world, so once they are gone, they are GONE. They aren't that hard to kill and aren't that fast (they can't dodge attacks), so players could take down a Knight or a Bishop pretty easily, even it's player controlled; and seeing as people are always desperate for gears, they wouldn't last long. And you would have to heal them constantly, but if we go with option B, you wouldn't be able to do that because you are controlling them remotely. 

They would be pretty useless by themselves, but would work great for supporting other characters in battle. 

Don't ruins have more clockwork? They are damaged but can be repaired. I stand corrected but ruins also regenerates and these clockworks will still come back?

Just now, CaptainCatSleeping said:

Don't ruins have more clockwork? They are damaged but can be repaired. I stand corrected but ruins also regenerates and these clockworks will still come back?

If I was Klei, I would make it that Damaged Clockworks were not hackable. Winona saying something like  "Broken beyond repair".

Just now, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Also, I feel like people are exaggerating the time it takes to craft something. It's literally like half a second. 

That's because there is no other perks that are actually useful for experienced gamers. That's why to make the best out of it and be optimistic, people enlarge and focus on this perk. Not saying that other perks aren't great, but they are mostly redundant to experienced players and players like me who always have torches or lanterns with them and have too much hounds teeth to spare.

So they made dst version of Wilson - perks that are not high tier, useful at beginning, redundant at late game and unless there is no faster hunger/sanity drain, damage received/dealt multiplayer less than 1.0, then SHE HAS NO CONS. I expected new hero to be high tier though 

1 minute ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

You how much I could do in a second?!?!

Literally nothing, this perk is literally useless.

As much as I love don't starve there is a lot of grinding involved in it. A character that reduces the amount of time it takes to make items is welcoming to me. 

hmm, lets look at winona late game: she should be the base builder if you want new structures a bit fast, there will be a big supply of silk and grass but there will be a lot of unused hounds teeth, and the charlie hit is ok for new players if they forget light material.

Archived