Winona confirmed perks

Just now, Tylordian said:

Maybe there is something we don't know about her yet, is there a way to see what she can craft? There might be items exclusive to her.

Only support for this is that the game says she brings her own tools. Plural.

So either Klei has started to forget how to English because they've been silent for so long, or she has more then Sewing Tape.

Just now, SuperDavid said:

D-Did...you just say Wes is bottom t-tier?!?! Y-You i-infidel!!!

Arguments could be made that being silent is an important perk, and balloons are surprisingly useful.

But right now Winona has 3 useless perks.  Building faster is not useful because you're not building while under attack.  Charlie doesn't hit decent players, and sewing kits are already cheap.

1 minute ago, landromat said:

i hope all her stats are 300, so she can be viable somehow

She hasn't even come out yet for pc and we don't know how she pairs with different characters abilities. You seem pretty eagerly dismissive of this character. 

3 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Only support for this is that the game says she brings her own tools. Plural.

So either Klei has started to forget how to English because they've been silent for so long, or she has more then Sewing Tape.

inb4 sewing kit removed from craft of other characters, so you need Winona to repair stuff. 

'We'll make Winona viable' - Klei

1 minute ago, Toros said:

Arguments could be made that being silent is an important perk, and balloons are surprisingly useful.

But right now Winona has 3 useless perks.  Building faster is not useful because you're not building while under attack.  Charlie doesn't hit decent players, and sewing kits are already cheap.

I could only see Wes being silent as a useful thing in PVP, which, unfortunately, noone plays. Hopefully Winona has a trick under her sleeve, she needs something that makes her different.

10 minutes ago, Toros said:

It's a mediocre perk in a niche and unusually limited server.  Pretty forgettable everywhere else.

It's an ok perk, you can have grass and silk pretty much everywhere, no need to bother with hound. But it's a very minor perk. Not something game changing in most cases, not a reason to play this character in most cases. The main point of this perk is to show the background of the character in a great way.

3 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

She hasn't even come out yet for pc and we don't know how she pairs with different characters abilities. You seem pretty eagerly dismissive of this character. 

With the perks as stated I actually do because I understand how all the characters work.  Cheaper sewing kits are a very minor perk.

@Lumina I agree that it's a nice perk lore-wise but so far it seems like her main useful mechanic which isn't unique and falls off heavily late-game.  We'll need to see if she has any other perks we don't know about or this official character is going to be less creative or interesting than some of the better modded ones.

Personally I'm more interested in the lore aspect of this character and what her voice lines will reveal about maxwell and Charlie. But the vibe I'm getting is that she is useless and worse than the other characters. But she has 3 abilities that are useful whichever way you look at them. 

4 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

That's funny in a game called don't starve "together"

Well, Don't Starve Together can also be played alone. And it's not a coop game, it's a multiplayer game; there is zero precedence for any kind of player cooperation outside of the Lazy Deserter and major bosses.

By all means explain what OP meta strat Winona is going to cook up with another character using a sewing kit, 0.5 faster craft speed and a free Charlie hit.

Just now, The Curator said:

Well, Don't Starve Together can also be played alone. And it's not a coop game, it's a multiplayer game; there is zero precedence for any kind of player cooperation outside of the Lazy Deserter and major bosses.

By all means explain what OP meta strat Winona is going to cook up with a sewing kit, 0.5 faster craft speed and a free Charlie hit.

Chill dude. 

Just now, Tylordian said:

Winona could be great for the mom players, the ones that craft and cook and take care of the base when everyone else is out. I will probably use her, as I like being the mom of the base.

lmao I thought you meant for she's a good character for people's actual moms to play as xD

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

That feel when Wolfgang halfs combat time with x2 damage. Winona halfs crafting time with 0.5 speed. Yet Wolfgang > Winona.

v(o-o)v

Maybe that's just me but it seems people only value combat.

If you're serious I hope you're strong or good looking because otherwise life is gonna be rough.

If you're joking please make it more obvious because some people here have no ability to figure out that crafting things out of combat with no time pressure is less valuable than dealing double damage.

Just now, Toros said:

If you're serious I hope you're strong or good looking because otherwise life is gonna be rough.

If you're joking please make it more obvious because some people here have no ability to figure out that crafting things out of combat with no time pressure is less valuable than dealing double damage.

So you're confirming my point that people only value combat. 

Archived