Temperature Dial for Regulator and Aquatuner

This suggestion is more of a solution for my own laziness, but it would be REALLY nice if we can turn down the dial on how much a regulator/aquatuner is cooling its content.

It'd be especially useful for certain elements with small window of phase change.  Sometimes -14 degrees is just too much of a jump.  Having the ability to fine-tune the temperature of the content would really help in certain situations.

2 hours ago, Reaniel said:

This suggestion is more of a solution for my own laziness, but it would be REALLY nice if we can turn down the dial on how much a regulator/aquatuner is cooling its content.

It'd be especially useful for certain elements with small window of phase change.  Sometimes -14 degrees is just too much of a jump.  Having the ability to fine-tune the temperature of the content would really help in certain situations.

One way to achieve that is pumping the gas or liquid that's being cooled into the same container that it's being pumped from and putting a thermo switch into that container (although there's setups where you can't really do that).

I could see how the design you said would work, but it'd be complicated and require constant adjustments if you want to use it wit a loop of some kind.

I just think having such option would allow people to play with more varieties of gas and liquid, instead of what we have right now.

15 hours ago, Reaniel said:

Use a gas or liquidvalve to control the flow. Works the same. Control temperature in the end content by turning off and on with temp switch. 

10 hours ago, Mjello said:

Use a gas or liquidvalve to control the flow. Works the same. Control temperature in the end content by turning off and on with temp switch. 

Sigh.  Please reread what I wrote.

The reason I'd like to have something like this is because there are too many elements with too narrow of phase change windows.  In such cases, you'll need to control the input content temperature, not the output content.  This would require constant adjustment, and also making looped system useless.

Oh, and did I mention the phase change window and hoping for variety?  

32 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

Sigh.  Please reread what I wrote.

The reason I'd like to have something like this is because there are too many elements with too narrow of phase change windows.  In such cases, you'll need to control the input content temperature, not the output content.  This would require constant adjustment, and also making looped system useless.

Oh, and did I mention the phase change window and hoping for variety?  

Well I can give you an example of something that works very well for me. I don't think it is complicated.

And it is a closed loop. You can't have it completely full of gas when using a valve. I fill it half full. But in later designs I actually never have to use a valve. Only target thermostat. I just use less thermal regulators if it cools too much. Can you post the design you are having trouble with?

Archived