Klaus's gender?

Ahhh..... Finally. Been meaning to say this theory.

Well, I have a bit of a theory on Klaus. See, he uses something that seems that only players can use. The life giving amulet. This always stood out to me.

Then I noticed, the gems in his deers aren't natural, they're put there. They pop right on out when Klaus is gone.

So, then, what is Klaus?

What could contain that power?

A survivor.

Now, a survivor for much longer, a survivor probably pretty okay with skinning a strange krampus-like creature and using it's hide to fight in. My theory is that Klaus is a survivor as well, just using Klaus as a skin suit, and he knows far more about the world and magic than we do. After all, Max says "Charlie didn't make that!" when examining him (Or, in the least, he did.)

But....Who? Who could they be?

What kind of survivor would not really show up to help, but be there regardless, and wear the skins of animals??

Oh, wait.

Beefalo Bill. The jack of all trades. Mr. Trade-Inn Guy.

I think Klaus may just be Beefalo Bill using a skin suit to fend people off from his boss loot stash.

1 hour ago, Weirdobob said:

Ahhh..... Finally. Been meaning to say this theory.

Well, I have a bit of a theory on Klaus. See, he uses something that seems that only players can use. The life giving amulet. This always stood out to me.

Then I noticed, the gems in his deers aren't natural, they're put there. They pop right on out when Klaus is gone.

So, then, what is Klaus?

What could contain that power?

A survivor.

Now, a survivor for much longer, a survivor probably pretty okay with skinning a strange krampus-like creature and using it's hide to fight in. My theory is that Klaus is a survivor as well, just using Klaus as a skin suit, and he knows far more about the world and magic than we do. After all, Max says "Charlie didn't make that!" when examining him (Or, in the least, he did.)

But....Who? Who could they be?

What kind of survivor would not really show up to help, but be there regardless, and wear the skins of animals??

Oh, wait.

Beefalo Bill. The jack of all trades. Mr. Trade-Inn Guy.

I think Klaus may just be Beefalo Bill using a skin suit to fend people off from his boss loot stash.

so, maybe i get only commons because we killing Klaus every winter? does it mean if you not killing Klaus you have more chanses to get Elegant?

2 minutes ago, Xedlord said:

They said that everything except the fuelweaver was... (I hurts my very soul to say this...) f-f-female.......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S I LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT ALL JUST A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEIR ALL LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL WAKE UP AND IT'LL ALL BE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T  BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!! I WON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S JUST A CRUEL PRANK BY KRIS!!!!!!! IT HAS TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klaus is vaguely based off Santa Clause, it would be a strange leap of logic to make a female character based on a male character.

Klaus really isn't a giant either, unless there is another source, the only confirmation of what is and is not a giant are the ones that were released specifically in the Reign of Giants DLC. There's a very specific set of size dimensions to each of the original giants as well, most of the other bosses except for the Bee Queen don't really compare in terms of stature. Relatively, Klaus is mostly just a big demon.

Only possible hint to them being female is that their open-mouth roar is noticeably un-masculine for a monster.

2 hours ago, Billiscool said:

Webber, Wilson, and Wolfgang mention that Krampus is male. and according to Maxwell, Klaus is an overgrown Krampus.

Mystery solved?

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

The question was mainly due to the dev comment otherwise I wouldn't have made the thread, thanks man.

Unfortunately that doesn't prove much. It's their default assumption of gender.

They're not experts on abnormal creature anatomy.

59 minutes ago, Billiscool said:

klaus_sack.lua:

Not that I'm saying this is the case, but in all fairness, the coders aren't always filled in on the "lore" (or whatever you'd wanna call it).

I'd assume Klaus is male regardless though.

Archived