Way to rename an anim's bank & build?

Hello, I have a question if someone can help me with that'd be great :wilson_smile:!

So, for example I want to copy paste healing salve "anim" folder then make my own prefab which uses that healing salve anim folder, but I want to rename the build of the healing salve without decompiling it with k-tools & making the textures upscaled, blurry & ugly. I know there's a KleiBuildRenamer which allows to rename the build.bin of the anim is there one to rename the texture too? Also, I don't want to use the healing salve texture/build that already exists in game it has to be a copy paste with new texture name & new build name.

Does anyone know how I can do this or if this is possible? And thanks for reading my question, have a good day/night :wilson_laugh:!

Edited by SuperDavid

@SuperDavid

I don't understand. What do you call renaming the texture exactly ?

You can rename the build, you can rename the file. The .tex file is nearly always "atlas-0.tex".

You can't rename the bank (not as far as i know).

But what is the "texture" here ?

Also, if you just want to make your own prefab using a very simple image like healing salve, don't decompile the file. Just use the TEXTool, save the image as a .png (it should be clear and not blurry, just a little small).

Then create a clean file in spriter (usually, i resize it in spriter, 3x bigger). After all, you don't have any specific anim for stuff like healing salve, just the basic idle anim, so no need to decompiling (since the main point is to keep anim).

Let me know if i'm not clear.

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

You can't rename the bank (not as far as i know).

You can rename the bank with "KleiBuildRenamer" which I already successfully did

For example I want to rename " inst.AnimState:SetBuild("spider_gland_salve") " into something like " inst.AnimState:SetBuild("magic_salve") ", I was already able to rename the bank, but I want to rename the build's name too.

But I don't really know, is renaming the bank enough? I really only wanna do this because I think it may cause conflict with the normal healing salve's anim folder or will it not conflict because the banks are different names now?

Edited by SuperDavid

Anim folders that I know of seem to contain only 3 files which is "atlas-0" sometimes "atlas-1" too, "anim, & "build". When I renamed the build that changed the "bank" is name. Okay no it didn't, I just accidentally didn't save the change  it was still the healsalve is bank xD..

So, yeah hopefully someone knows how to rename a existing anim folder's bank & build name if that's even possible :)?

Edited by SuperDavid

No, the bank name is the anim name. The build name is the build name. When you rename the build your rename the build, not the bank. I don't know why you can change the name of the bank when changing the build, but i'm sure that renaming the build rename the build, it would be pretty confusing if renaming the build was changing the bank name and you have to rename something else to change the build name.

In fact, i'm pretty confused by what you are saying.

--The build name is the name of the animation folder in spriter.
    anim:SetBank("tut06")

--The bank name is the name of the Spriter file.
    anim:SetBuild("tut06")

from Cheerio's creature mod guide

the Spriter file .scml which is compiled by the scml.exe found in your modtools(i think ) folder .It generate for u the anim.zip file.

hope this can help u

Edited by Noath

SuperDavid

I added a file

I don't think that renaming these from the zip file yourmod/anim/yourmod.zip files would be possible and reasonable

both the SetBank("...") and SetBuild("...") arguments are taken from the Spriter file before it was built into the mods/yourmod/anim

if you have Spriter installed, you can view the file exported/Healing_Salve/tut.scml

i keep the animation folder named "big_healin_salve"  in tut.scml

called on tut03.lua #line21 anim:SetBank("big_healin_salve") - setting animation folder

and "tut" as the Spriter file name called on tut03.lua #line24 anim:SetBuild("tut") setting build

using NotePad++

as you look in the build.bin you can see "tut" and "atlas-0"

the Buildrenamer rename the "tut" part (usually to your mod's name) and it has only 1 name to replaced

in anim.bin we have "Healing_Salve"- the directory and "big_healin_salve" - the animation folder in tut.scml

and the atlas-0.tex doesn't has anything meaningful to me except "KTEX"

hope you can find some more clues

I 'll stick with this post for a while

p/s I 'm new and I play Don't starve as a standalone version, not from Steam, so no autocompiler used

and I always wants to know ways that we can makes mods not using it :D

healingSalveSpawn.zip

Edited by Noath

There is something I don't get. You want to modify that image eventually so you have to go through extracting the image to modify it first. Once you have that it's faster to just recompile it into a new build than trying to hack that image into an existing one.

to my case:

Build.bin can be renamed

atlas-0.tex can be edited

but i can't change the name in anim.bin, it predictably crashed

but there are one way we can use the file,

I can find the animState of the Spriter file. those are the meaningful words in that bunch of non-readables for PlayAnimation

the names of the included symbols or former pictures used to make the anim is listed at the end of the file, down right

7 hours ago, ZupaleX said:

There is something I don't get. You want to modify that image eventually so you have to go through extracting the image to modify it first. Once you have that it's faster to just recompile it into a new build than trying to hack that image into an existing one.

I don't want to decompile & make my own image & scml for it because then I won't have the same exact size & position the normal healing salve does I think?

22 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Is it THAT important ? You'll be close enough to have something similar, so what will be the problem ?

The problem is I have very bad ocd & if they aren't the exact same size & position in spriter then I will go insane, though if this is not possible then I guess I have no choice but to keep the name & build same as normal healsalve

7 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

The problem is I have very bad ocd & if they aren't the exact same size & position in spriter then I will go insane, though if this is not possible then I guess I have no choice but to keep the name & build same as normal healsalve

the TexConverter in download can help you resize the image, the pivot point in spriter  are usually top left or center, resize with respect to the  pivot

well you can still rename build.bin for SetBuild("") this is possible

for now if you really want to make SetBank("")  neat to your preference make a local variable in tut03.lua like:

local my_healin_salve = "big_healin_salve"
anim:SetBank(my_healin_salve)

p/s

as I tried again, renaming "big_healin_salve" to "hl" in anim.bin and call SetBank("hl")

it just doesn't pick up the texture but it still spawn, I saw them when I change it back and log into the save

the Post help me learn a lot tks SuperDavid

9 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

I would anyway suggest to try it. Export the healing salve in .png format, change the image to whatever you want, then create the item on spriter.

Resize it (3* the size of the image), then keep the default pivot, and see in game if it's similar to the original item. If not, try to put the pivot in the center of the image, but usually i don't think the pivot is changed.

If it's too different, we'll search a different solution.