Mystik's starving arts (mainly OC things.)

I added the detail of the throne to look like Charlie's throne when I was remaking it digitally with reference. The throne on the piece of paper is pretty basic. If he ever became the king, Wren would wait for Charlie to be taken care of by the other survivors by pretending to help them and take over the throne at the first opening he sees.

• Like 2

Then he would perish by his own pride when he is inevitably betrayed - or more likely became a useless tool - by Them, but he would refuse help from the survivors and prefer to accept death. Because he is that much of a Disney villain. And I feel that it would be the best fitting end for his endless greed for power.

• Like 2

studying_by_mystikelh-dbvzmfe.png

"No villain start off as purely evil, and it’s also true for Wren. His interest in the occult pushed him to study hard with the few clues he had. He was also a pretty good student. What could have changed him so much?"

(Look at this dork, pfft. I told myself that Wren probably needed to get his bang out of the way to read properly, and I also wanted to draw him with his hair untied. So here it is. I'm really enjoying drawing Wren a lot, lately. I feel a little bit bad to have to make him such an unredeemable jerk, sometimes. But that's also part of the fun. And we already have Maxwell as the redeemable jerk.)

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 5

One of them is DS related, and I already talked about it. But it will take a while to happen, and I want to be sure that it'll work out fine before giving any kind of announcement. The second is an art project that I really want to do, the only hint I'll give is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxvpzfhcKSU
(And this doesn't include the ask/rp blog I made for Wren because I'm a huge dork.)

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 1

hunt_by_mystikelh-dbx1jho.png

(Technically, it is impossible for Wren to take control of a Varg. At least with his current gameplay mechanics. Nevertheless, this was a fun idea to imagine Wren leading a pack of ravenous hounds on a hunt from a pure storytelling standpoint.)

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 4

Wren will always find a way to succeed. Even allying himself to the survivors as a way to manipulate them into reaching his own goal. Good thing for Them, his goal is to become their faithful servant. He wants to gain their power and he wants to conquer as many worlds as he can in their names, especially his own world, our world, where his dreams were crushed. He decided a long time ago that he would be the villain of his story, like in all great literature, and he would have fun with it. And he's even ready to end like every great villain too to get his revenge.

Edited by Mystikelh

6 hours ago, Mystikelh said:

Wren will always find a way to succeed. Even allying himself to the survivors as a way to manipulate them into reaching his own goal. Good thing for Them, his goal is to become their faithful servant. He wants to gain their power and he wants to conquer as many worlds as he can in their names, especially his own world, our world, where his dreams were crushed. He decided a long time ago that he would be the villain of his story, like in all great literature, and he would have fun with it. And he's even ready to end like every great villain too to get his revenge.

Why doesn't he just use Maxwell's Door? :p

12 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Why doesn't he just use Maxwell's Door? :p

Because Wren would arrive in the New Reign era, where Charlie is the queen and there's no known way to get to the throne, anymore. So he doesn't have a choice but to "help" the other survivors to find a way. Simple as that.

• Thanks 1

I just took the colors of the catcoon for the scarf so it looks like it was made of its fur like the coat is made of beefalo fur, so nothing really special from me for the coloring there. The sky, I played with the colors a little bit trying to do a night clouded sky.

As for the ornaments, he probably does enjoy having them to prove his power. Though Christmas traditions are probably not something he does a lot, being a loner and on terrible terms with his family.

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 1

mystikelh_s_2017_summary_of_art_by_mystikelh-dby15ab.png

Not everything is Don't Starve related, but it had been a big part of my arts this year, especially Wren it seems. I'm still dumbfounded by the evolution between the art of September and the art of December. I will keep coming with more and better arts next year!
Hopefully not all Wren, though. Haha.

Edited by Mystikelh
  • Like 3

(My art tablet broke and I am still in the process of buying a new one. So this is why I haven't really posted any more art.)
(But I really like this doodle of a rose skin for Wren I did, so I will share despite the crappy quality.)

yht5.jpg

(The bang that usually covers his left eye is pulled back and dyed red. Instead, he's wearing an eye-patch with a rose pattern on it.)
(His turtleneck is white instead of dark gray, and his suit is a more light and plain red with little roses buttons.)
(His hair have a thorny feel and the hair tie is like dark thorns.)

• Like 2