Do they not have buckets?

"Too much liquid" to mop?  Can they scoop it up with something?  A water glass?  A bucket?  Or just dip down their water jugs and let it flow in?  

It's this weird game of spreading out the liquid when you need it mopped up.

I think they didn't want mopping to be an efficient way of moving large amounts of liquid. Now that I think about it, this would also make the liquid bottler obsolete, because you could bottle up the water much more quickly by mopping it. You could argue that they could make mopping slower to balance it, but this would just end up making it take much longer to mop up small amounts of liquid, which is the intended purpose of it.

How about a portable liquid vacuum, where it takes resources to build and can break by overheating and consumes electricity or a fuel source like coal. And it cannot directly create bottles so it has to empty it's contents into a bottler when it's full.

Not sure if all those conditions should be there, just putting them out there for ideas.

I don't know why Klei would do this when you can just build a bottler.  If it's less than 1 tile of water, probably more efficient to dig extra area and mop it.  If more, about as easy to build a bottler.  There's edge cases of course, in an already built out base.  But it's kind of just another base design consideration.

16 hours ago, Michi01 said:

I think they didn't want mopping to be an efficient way of moving large amounts of liquid. Now that I think about it, this would also make the liquid bottler obsolete, because you could bottle up the water much more quickly by mopping it. You could argue that they could make mopping slower to balance it, but this would just end up making it take much longer to mop up small amounts of liquid, which is the intended purpose of it.

Yeah, but it just doesn't sit right.  Especially because you can cheat the system - if you nail the mop button on the tile as it's filling up with liquid, they'll still come and mop it no matter how full it gets.  So it's like, "Ok, I know you can mop that much liquid... can you just do it all the time?"  It takes you out of the game and says "the developers don't want you doing this."  It's immersion-killing.  

(Like the decor on heavi-watt, or electric grills that heat themselves into a soup of molten metal after two uses).

"oh, just drip cool the grill... and let them get hypothermia... the water is only... 76˚F..."                        wait, what?"

<3uklei!xoxo

Archived