Custom Recipe tab? Item invisible? Hunger thresholds? Oh my! (Help needed)

Heya there! Batty here, working on a custom character for DST. I'll give a more thorough explanation for him later, but here's my character Giggle, or, as he'll be renamed "Wiley "Giggle" Walther" for the mod. Because how could I not?

This little Candy King is aimed to be a glass cannon: long ranged combat; fast moving; can craft powerful firearms, is passive to negative auras; will have a flesh eating hat and gummy bear army to fight for him; will be able to make sweets with considerable ease. HOWEVER, he's got a very demanding appetite, and in spite of this, he's a veeeery picky eater. He's quite frail, physically weak, and highly sensitive to the elements.

SO to continue with the topic at hand... I'm having difficulty with three things:

• Candy cane weapon: It doesn't show up in his hand or on the ground.
  • Custom recipe tab: Really don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it doesn't show up.
  • Hunger threshold: I want adjust his hunger rate according to the time, such as having "midnight cravings" at night, meaning his hunger rate will increase at nighttime, and he may eat things he otherwise wouldn't, (For example, he doesn't eat vegetables, so at night, he'd eat them out of desperation.)

If anyone can help me with either of these, I'll certainly be willing to share the files so you may inspect my amateur coding and help me figure out the best approach to these features.

Thank you for your time.

Giggle01.png

Giggle02.png

(His artwork is still a work in progress. but if anyone would like to commission me for custom character art, let me know!)

Edited by BattyKai
Wording/text formatting adjustment

On 9/6/2017 at 10:24 AM, Lumina said:

Maybe this could help for your first problem.

Yes, thank you! It's now visible on the ground, however I still can't figure why it doesn't show in his hand. I remade the .scml file, and placed it along with the .png within a "sawp_candycane" found within another of the same name, as suggested, so not sure what it is this time.

Would it have to do with the .xml or tex files, perhaps?

Edited by BattyKai

54 minutes ago, Lumina said:

verify that you didn't do any spelling mistake like you did just here ? If you can't see anything wrong, attach your mod.

Inventory image shouldn't matter.

Oh, pfff, silly me. But nah, everything seems properly spelled; I'll check if a certain thing works, otherwise I'll attach the mod momentarily. It's grouped together with the character so it's all a big  mess in there, haha.