Domestic Growth vs Additional Domestic Growth

Additional Domestic Growth requirements must be met to get the Domestic Growth Rate

In the case of dusk caps, if they aren't provided with 4kg of slime/cycle, they will not grow at the domestic rate of 10 cycles. Instead it will take 40 cycles to grow.

The meal lice doesn't have any additional requirements and will simply grow faster when planted in domesticated.

On 9/5/2017 at 0:27 PM, chaos0720 said:

Additional Domestic Growth requirements must be met to get the Domestic Growth Rate

In the case of dusk caps, if they aren't provided with 4kg of slime/cycle, they will not grow at the domestic rate of 10 cycles. Instead it will take 40 cycles to grow.

The meal lice doesn't have any additional requirements and will simply grow faster when planted in domesticated.

Actually, I think they stifle out all together and don't grow at all - that seems to be the case with hydroponic and farm tiles, might not be the case for planter boxes - I just don't use them beyond mealwood but might consider it if that turns out to be true.

10 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Actually, I think they stifle out all together and don't grow at all - that seems to be the case with hydroponic and farm tiles, might not be the case for planter boxes - I just don't use them beyond mealwood but might consider it if that turns out to be true.

Yep, they won't grow at all in planter boxes, farm tiles or hydroponic farm tiles if you don't meet their domestic growth conditions.
You have to meet all conditions but they will always grow more quickly.

Archived