Priority shortcut QOL change

I want to improve UX when selecting priority when using the BUILD TOOL. At the minute, any change in priority with the BUILD TOOL results in a required movement of the mouse cursor to the tiny priority buttons in the bottom right. This is annoying from a UX perspective.

Almost every time I use the BUILD TOOL and I wish to change the priority I end up cursing the minuscule priority selection UI buttons, and the fact I have no alternative way to adjust priority. I want a shortcut command to toggle priority up/down that does not require movement of the mouse cursor.

I find that this would be elegantly done in the following way:

1) Select item for use with BUILD TOOL (ie press3, then select 'Wire')

Either :

2a) NEW BIT : pressing Shift+MWheelUp increments priority, Shift+MWheelDown decrements priority. 

OR :

2b) NEW BIT : pressing Shift+1 sets priority to 1, or NumPad 1, or some variation on this

In fact, both options are mutually compatible. : )

Simple solution: 1-9 work as priority selection as long as you have a non-default cursor (so you're in paint or tool mode) - you can always RMB to get to that state (or click the interface to get to another building/tool without changing the selected priority).

That would be good QoL, together with switching to 'cancel' while painting not changing the current overlay.

Also, this actually doesn't work for a majority of my cases : 

ACTION

Press1, mouse click to select tile, Press 9 

EXPECTED 

Selected to build tile at priority 9

ACTUAL

Selects medicine menu (after un-selection of tile build selection)

My proposal this would be : 

ACTION

Press1, mouse click to select tile, Press Shift+9 

EXPECTED 

Selected to build tile at priority 9

I prefer the ui remember the priority change we made, like if we build important stuff like making pipe use prio 9, even we close te build menu, the game still remember prio 9 when we make pipe later. Like they did same as build with material type as now,

Archived