6 out of 7 dupes down with Slimelung.

19 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

The easiest solution is just to spam deodorizers as you go in the slime biome. 

I think the easiest solution is to plant a few wheezeworts in there. They'll gradually cool the oxygen and will disinfect it without further duplicant intervention. May take longer than with deodorizers, though. My planned solution for them is to freeze the oxygen into clean though. Not as fast either but again - after installing a gas pump in the pocket, there's no further entry needed.

One interesting thing, to quick get slimelung.. I use puft to eat PO. When i lower priority on the slime storagelocker, more slime on the ground and puft poop more too. Easy slimefarm, easy slimelung. ^^
Everything about balance in that game. Germs are nice addition, hard game. Cool Klei!puftfarm.thumb.png.6f9cf6d70a6b23f0a044d12346b25225.png

Slimelung. Mostly figured it out. Just putting hand washing stations everywhere, pumping Chlorine into airlocks between base and any slime area. Storing excess slime outside a quarantined area. More or less, that's all I can do. Now immunity is staying maxed out almost all the time. Had to start over again, because heat keeps getting out of hand, largely thanks to a steam geyser right below my base. Still working on a solution to that problem.

I'd like to add my voice to say slimelung happens a bit too much. I like to create a room I call the "slime room" which contains as many pufts as I ca get (in this case, 4), has a layer of polluted water at the bottom,  an algae distiller, composter, and storage compactors for slime, algae etc. I use that as an algae generator. Unfortunately, if I open it up, all my dups get slimelung within a few cycles. I've made it a bit better with an ore scrubber and a chlorine filled air lock, but still it is such a pain. I like a bit of a challenge, sure, but I'm more in it for the building. I think the effect of the slimelung germ should be scaled back a bit.

Also, why not make it so that the immunity stat of a dup improves if they survive slimlung (or any other disease)? Over time, they could become more and more immune to it.

1 hour ago, madcat1188 said:

I like to create a room I call the "slime room" which contains as many pufts as I can get (in this case, 4), has a layer of polluted water at the bottom,  an algae distiller, composter, and storage compactors for slime, algae etc.

1. Replace the layer of water with a layer of chlorine to dispatch of the germs in the slime. Sure some of the slime will dissipate, but the new polluted oxygen will be reprocessed by the pufts so no problem.

2. Move the composter out of the slime room, so the dupe operating it won't breathe the germy air...

3. Have submerged storage for slime on both sides of a corridor with ore scrubbers. Make the dupes shift it back and forth by alternating priorities on the storage until free of germs

49 minutes ago, Le0n1des said:

3. Have submerged storage for slime on both sides of a corridor with ore scrubbers. Make the dupes shift it back and forth by alternating priorities on the storage until free of germs

Waaaaayyy too much work on a colony sim game.  Stuffing it into chlorine should be enough.

"1. Replace the layer of water with a layer of chlorine to dispatch of the germs in the slime. Sure some of the slime will dissipate, but the new polluted oxygen will be reprocessed by the pufts so no problem. "

Liquid chlorine?

" 2. Move the composter out of the slime room, so the dupe operating it won't breathe the germy air... "

I like having the composter and algae distiller in that room since they seem to produce polluted oxygen. I don't see it in the description of those devices, but if I have them in a sealed room with nothing else in it, I do end up with polluted oxygen in that room, and they show the polluted oxygen bubbles coming off those devices.

Archived