Chess piece problem (very few vs too much)

I'm playing to get trophies for my brother (he doesn't like the game, but he wants the trophies).  I placed everything on default and it was horrible.  I had to explore damn near the entire map to get 2 gears.  I then decided to put the clockwork monsters on more and it started a new problem.  It went from having to explore the whole map for a few clockwork pieces to "every breath you take, every move you make."  That's ridiculous at this point.  Can we suggest a happy medium?  Like how about: default, more, a lot, everywhere.  If you don't care for the phrasing everywhere, then just do: default, more, a lot.

38 minutes ago, LuxuryHeart said:

I'm playing to get trophies for my brother (he doesn't like the game, but he wants the trophies).  I placed everything on default and it was horrible.  I had to explore damn near the entire map to get 2 gears.  I then decided to put the clockwork monsters on more and it started a new problem.  It went from having to explore the whole map for a few clockwork pieces to "every breath you take, every move you make."  That's ridiculous at this point.  Can we suggest a happy medium?  Like how about: default, more, a lot, everywhere.  If you don't care for the phrasing everywhere, then just do: default, more, a lot.

I'm going to ask this again why do you enlarge the text on your posts?

1 minute ago, HamBatter said:

Do you think it has to do with weaker eyesight or being obnoxious and wanting to stand out?

it could be one or the other or both. I'm not really concerned with with their request since @GhostPhreak and @voyager156 already made topics about this exact same issues in different ways.

And when I asked the question she ignored me and I rather bug her constantly then drop it. Because when I ask a question I want it answered.

This issue was around when worldgen options first got introduced.

In DST, there should be more of those chess areas (they count as "boons" I think), but perhaps the PlayStation version generates less of those to begin with.

If you explore the deep caves, you should be able to find ruined clockworks for extra gears.

8 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

This issue was around when worldgen options first got introduced.

In DST, there should be more of those chess areas (they count as "boons" I think), but perhaps the PlayStation version generates less of those to begin with.

If you explore the deep caves, you should be able to find ruined clockworks for extra gears.

I noticed that I had to explore a lot less in Don't Starve Together for gears.  Still a lot, but a lot less and there were more gears on the surface area.  It was just weird that it went from very few (default) to having the map cluttered with clockworks.  I ended up getting killed by a random bishop that saw me, even though I didn't even notice it.  lol.

Archived