Custom hat crashes non-host clients

As far as i understand, when you connect to a dedicated server, you are client, even if it's a dedicated server on the same machine. (Also, i'm a she, just saying because i was confused at first :D "but who is "he" ?")

So anyway since i don't seems to be clear for you, Kirby, i did a test.

My first test was the following :

I renamed your mod folder "annoyingmod", and added it to the list of the mods on my dedicated server. I put the mod "annoyingmod" in both folder of the game (client side) and dedicated server (server side).

I played without crash, spawned hat, equiped hat, put hat in container, opened container, got no crash.

The result was the screenshot i posted.

My second test, right now because you don't understand the problem

I keep the name of the folder "workshop-402531514". I added it to the list of the mods on my dedicated server. I put the mod "workshop-402531514" in the mod folder on my dedicated server (server side)

I didn't suscribe the original mod.

I spawned hat, i got the same crash than the screenshot.

So why renaming a mod folder "annoyingmod" is enough to solve the problem ?

Im like 99% sure that it's because you have a version of the mod, the workshop has another, they conflict, crash.

A version of the mod with a different name should be enough to solve this crash (i can't promise there aren't others).

Of course, if your mod isn't on the workshop, people can't download it when they connect, they have to have it (WARNING : they will not receive update automatically if you do this. You'll have to send updated mod), or you have to put it on workshop (better option). Since it will be a different name than the actual mod, there should be no conflict.

Edited by Lumina

I don't know why ANY of this is working.

But it's working!

I also reupploaded the EXACT same files onto the workshop. Then I had a friend test it. No crashes! When he tested my modified version of the mod on the workshop, he would crash.

Didn't matter if her personally was subscribed to the mod or not; the events were completely contingent on how I setup the server.

Thanks so much for being patient with me! Don't know WHY any of this works, but I'll take simple stability.

16 minutes ago, Lumina said:

(Also, i'm a she, just saying because i was confused at first :D "but who is "he" ?")

Sorry about that :)

10 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I'm glad it works. And if someone is able to explain it to you, i'll thank him or her, because i seems to be unable to.

The explanation was pretty clear, at least to me, so I don't know ^^

Edited by ZupaleX