The combat feels different when comparing the PC version with the PS4's

I own this game on both platforms, and I can safely say that the PC version feels very clean in combat. You swing an attack on the PC, and you can instantly hear the attack hit the enemy with every strike. I do the same on the PS4, and I feel as though I either miss the attack or need to move in closer to pull it off. I also feel that the attack sound feels as though it's merged together with the next attack sound and it really puts me off kiting.

I can kill most of the bosses on the PC version with no problems at all with the kiting methods I use, but I can't do the same on the PS4. This isn't an issue with the servers or Internet because I've played offline on both versions and the PS4 still performs the exact same way. I play with lag compensation on both because I prefer it, so that can't be a reason either.

I really like playing on the PS4, so it's a shame that I kind of shun it more now because I can no longer adjust to how bad the game performs on it. Maybe if I never played the PC version it would be normal to me and I wouldn't have an issue. 

My PS4 Hard Drive was changed about 6 months ago, and it's a first generation version of the console. Maybe that could be the problem.

I own an Xbox One too, and the box set version is going to be released soon. I would really like to buy it on there when it comes out.
My Xbox is a much more recent generation of the console, so that could possibly work in my favour when I get the game again.

Yes, I agree with you. The controller response time is way faster than the keyboards response time. I Did a few tests awhile aback by attacking a butterfly the moment it responds from a flower and from that test I learned that using the mouse or a controller is on point ( Depending on latency) while the keyboard (F or Spacebar) has a delay. The only problem the controller has, in my opinion, is analyzing whats in front of you and whats more important, what I mean is let's say an item is in front of you followed by a Spider, you want to hit the spider, but your locked on the item and forced to pick it up instead of attacking said enemy first, this can be a big disadvantage for many in situations like these, but can simply be solved by moving further away. Kiting is smoother and more responsive on ps4, while pc has more of the advantages of inventory management while traveling and a more efficient way of construction setups, but really it depends on how your use to playing this game.

i have no idea how i would be able to manage inventory with gamepad, fighting is not only kiting, but also timed item swap or use

also my bud burned down a camp while trying to play gamepad and i can't declare i'm any smarter, so i'll stay at m\k

the latency is bad if you are not host, i agree, but the movement prediction only makes things worse

Archived