I have a puffer fish, excuse me I forgoten it true name. That is not converting polluted O2 into anything Plus More

Sorry I forgot its name, anyway the fish is in polluted O2  but the bottom half is carbon diaoxide  no matter where it tries it inhale the O2  it gets nothing,  the top if solid Polluted O2 but even there it gets nothing, opps I meant the fish is not dropping any slime, my mistake.. and you can mouse over the tile its in and see the density..

I've got air borne slime lung,  inside my base, and there is nothing to get rid of it, I can't disinect the air? and nothing is in reasearch for this either.

And chlorine gas is stupidly slow at clearing it out too.. I was counting on that for the other side of the airlock..   it should kill it almost immediately..  one breath of the stuff is enough to send most people to the hospital..irl

1 hour ago, NotenKi said:

I've got air borne slime lung,  inside my base, and there is nothing to get rid of it, I can't disinect the air? and nothing is in reasearch for this either.

use deodorizers to turn polluted oxygen to clean, and then wait for the germs to die off. To speed it up, you can get the temperature in your base down using wheezeworts.

Prevention is worth tons of cure in the current game.   You need to be really careful about breaking into slime biomes, and probably not do it before you have deodorizers.  You should have a deodorizer by every single entrance to you base that abutts a slime biome.  I put them in a room between two airlock doors, so PO can't just blow by them.  I don't really know if it's possible.  But I take that precaution anyway.  Don't store slime inside your base unless it is underwater.  You can't have too many deodorizers - they only use sand when they're actually converting, so they don't waste anything.  I wouldn't suggest trying to use them to brute-force convert super-pressurized slime pockets though.  At least not as your main strategy.  You'll burn a lot of sand that way.  But then again, the only other thing you'll use it for is water filtering.

How do you know the puft is getting nothing?  It's kind of hard to track per-tile PO2 levels in a non-creative-mode environment.  Remember pufts don't produce pure oxygen, they only produce slime.  If the puft is producing slime, it's getting PO2.

One of my midgame projects so far has been trapping a puft in a room to use for polluted oxygen conversion. For a while I had the problem where it appeared to be sucking up air (while in polluted oxygen) but not actually dropping any slime. I'm not sure what causes it, but after some more work and redesigning I got it to work like this:

puft-room.thumb.png.004651514241be9d078821c38f3ca139.png

Another observation I made is that if you constrain the puft to a single square where it can't move at all, it doesn't try to pull in PO2 at all. That's why it has a little bit more living space than I would give it otherwise, but it may be satisfied with just 2 tiles as well.

Because if you mouse over the fish it say 0 polluted o2, it never changes, with this one fish. edit and absolutely nothing is dropping from it.. i meant the fish was not droping the slime, my bad..

Okay today I got a new one my duplicants are all changing hairstyle  color and even sex, when they use the toilet..  got me it is just wierd

its nice to know those work but there was nothing in the descripition that says it does that, I checked everything carefully before make the original post. hmm.. clear air has little to do with airborne disease..

I guess I will reinstall the game to see  if it fixes all the issues that have suddenly popped up out of no where.

Archived